Pro Stihl bar length popularity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro Stihl bar length popularity

• 20 inches or less

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 24 inch

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • 28 inch

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • over 28 inch

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Don't know Rob but the man laid alot of timber on the ground, any more than an hour and they flew us in, but we got an hour walk in pay anyway.

I guess as long as they were dropping thats all that matters:D and at least you got paid for the hour walk I'm glad to hear that.So what are you working on these day's??

Later Rob...

95 chevy 3/4 ton. got my girl friend a 2002 landrover discovery, oh i almost forgot my 1946 cj2a by willis:D

I'm cutting a seed tree unit on forest service land, theirs some nice timber on it it averages about 5 long log load to the acre, the good ones just don't last long enough though.

It's good to hear that you are still busy down there with some good work.Your right the good one's don't last long:(

Ryan,

What are you rich or something a 2002 Landrover ???? when did you win the lottery???I bought my girlfriend a Escalade for her birthday.I should be calling her my wife where getting married at the end of November I have been with her since I turned 16 and I'm going on 21 so I guess it's about time....:D

Later Rob....

Rob that sounds like me, i've been with her since i was 16 as well:D planning on getting married after she gets out of school:rolleyes: last november they had some really good deals on rovers in this area so i got her one, its not fully loaded or anything but lets just say she isn't suffering:D she also fourwheels it:D

What do you got for a truck??Does it have a 429??:D ,my 79 has a 454...The new truck well it tries to stay out of the woods but:D

Later Rob....

Depends on the job

Run 36 " on a 066
Run 20" on a 028
Run 18" on a MAC610
Run 12" on several of the "other" brands for limbing

12"-16" on the climbing saws
14"-18" on the medium saws
24" on the big saw

Most of the time in the pine up to 40" i use 20s, sometimes they put us in 50" hardwood and i'll use a24" on my 66, everything else i use my 46.

I was just trying to get info on what to stock.

And I was really thinking log saws but didn't say it.

Stihltech; are you saying they used the .063 gauge mostly on .325 pitch, and .050 on the longer 3/8 bars?

Back