Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are definitely closely related...I went through a Silver Logmaster a while back just to clean it up for the display and they are strikingly similar.

20230707_165435.jpg

The recoil starter spring in these old models are exceptionally strong, makes working on the starter a challenge and pulling them over a real task.

I have one more blue and white (Logmaster I believe) to go through, maybe there's enough left of the ignition on that one to achieve spark.

Mark

I confess I do have an abundance of PL/SL-55's.
55b1e069c2edb025ff433b634162ddd9.jpg
Have you seen any that came with tilton bars? IMG_20240712_134747407.jpg

It may have a longer rod to go with it. Hard to know given the lack of IPLs. Only way to tell us take one of each apart and compare side-by-side.
Very true. Yea the IPL's are always missing stuff lol. I will have to try and measure mine. What do you guys use? A straw and a sharpie? I have a minty 770 and a ardvark version 😆

Very true. Yea the IPL's are always missing stuff lol. I will have to try and measure mine. What do you guys use? A straw and a sharpie? I have a minty 770 and a ardvark version 😆

I think used calipers with a depth gauge and the handle removed from the saw. It's hard to get an accurate measurement.

Anyone run 3/8 050 on there super series saws? I'm having trouble locating a 24" -28" bar in 404 063. I see LRB has a hard nose Carlton bar 25" for it. I also see some nice D096 Oregon bars in 24" but 3/8 050. I have the Oregon 10619 powermate on it so switching to 3/8 wouldn't involve much.

Back