Reviving a Poulan 5200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up with this tank vent? It's just a fitting with a hole in it. I'm guessing I'm missing a valve of some kind.

1125931977_wERgx-M.jpg

Needs a duckbill valve on the tank side. Part #530026119. Can use a Homelite one also.

Great looking 5200 Brad :clap: Can only wish mine looked that good. With new decals, thats not gonna look bad at all! Like 67Mustang said, ya need a duck bill valve on bottom side of that vent. Just screws out. Here is a pic of one.

100_0108-1.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Brad, the throttle lock as you know is NLA.

The button is held to the inner rod with a very, very small roll pin. The springs can still be ordered from Poulan, I have a new one here as a matter of fact.

I'll bet Nik could turn you out a new button pretty easy. Just make shure the lock rod isnt broken as well.

I have to check but I think the original HS carb for these had a 17.5 mm carb on them. What WT carb was even close to that size?

I guess I shouldnt tell you that I just picked up a brand new still in the box HS for a 5200 on ebay just a few weeks ago for like $12. :laugh:

If anyone has a lowdown on where I can get them, I need one AV mount, and the throttle lock.

Hey Brad if you sthil need av mounts I found the small Huskey av's are almost the same in size and with a little retap job they worked out great on my 5200. I had to replace about all of them on mine.
Joe

If a 5200 still has all of the anti-vibe mounts then they vibrate very little. Nice saw by the way. I have two of them. One bow saw and one with a 27" bar. I converted them to a rim drum system which is nice.

Brad, the throttle lock as you know is NLA.

The button is held to the inner rod with a very, very small roll pin. The springs can still be ordered from Poulan, I have a new one here as a matter of fact.

I'll bet Nik could turn you out a new button pretty easy. Just make shure the lock rod isnt broken as well.

I have to check but I think the original HS carb for these had a 17.5 mm carb on them. What WT carb was even close to that size?

I guess I shouldnt tell you that I just picked up a brand new still in the box HS for a 5200 on ebay just a few weeks ago for like $12. :laugh:

Mark, what series HS did you buy? I've been looking for a replacement but haven't had any luck?
Bob

Like 67Mustang said, ya need a duck bill valve on bottom side of that vent. Just screws out.
I figured that's what it was. Now to find one.

I have no idea. Bigger is better, right:clap: I just fired it up this morning, and it starts and runs great, even without a throttle lock.

Hey Brad if you sthil need av mounts I found the small Huskey av's are almost the same in size and with a little retap job they worked out great on my 5200. I had to replace about all of them on mine.
Joe
Are you speaking of the spring mounts? Thanks for the tip!

Actually, mine had those parts. For some reason the end of the button appears to have been ground on. It was sticking in the handle, and also not catching on the throttle. Then the pieces fell out of it. I suppose I'd better go find them! I wonder if my throttle trigger is actually worn?

Mark, what series HS did you buy? I've been looking for a replacement but haven't had any luck?
Bob

I got a regular 5200 HS176. I need it for the 5200 project I'm starting soon.

I figured that's what it was. Now to find one.

I have no idea. Bigger is better, right:clap: I just fired it up this morning, and it starts and runs great, even without a throttle lock.

Are you speaking of the spring mounts? Thanks for the tip!

My first thought is the WT will be too small to let it run like a 5200, but then I don't know.

Here she is in wood. I've got an issue with the clutch. It did this last night on me. I don't believe it's the springs. I think the drum is getting bound up somehow. I'll have to check it out again. I don't have my 5200 filter yet, so ran it topless with a 8500 filter.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8ybzV8xGfY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8ybzV8xGfY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Here it is with the bow on it. Again, something keeps tightening up on the clutch drum. It's not the shoes and/or springs. I'm thinking that either the washers need replaced, the neede bearing spacer is too short, or the spur is a little too thick.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LzHFSgT5rio?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LzHFSgT5rio?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Here it is with the bow on it. Again, something keeps tightening up on the clutch drum. It's not the shoes and/or springs. I'm thinking that either the washers need replaced, the neede bearing spacer is too short, or the spur is a little too thick.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LzHFSgT5rio?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LzHFSgT5rio?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Again nice Vid. You're messing up that nice white snow! BTW I have a few extra red Homelite duckbill valves. Be happy to send some if you need em.
Bob

Latest posts

Back