Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most off you will now maybe the Dolmar CC came out in 1963 and was bild until 1974
4 models came out 109/110 super/116/117 super.
The Dolmar CC 109/110 super was bild from 1963-1967
The Dolmar CC 116/117 super was bild from 1967-1974.
I have 11 diffrent CC saws.

Have a look at the picture's

Dolmar CC 109(stock-handle)
Dolmar CC 109
Dolmar CC 110 super(stock-handle)
Dolmar CC 110 super
Dolmar CC 109 cutt-open model

Dolmar CC 116 orange/green model before 1968
Dolmar CC 117 super orange/Black before 1968
Dolmar CC 116 powder-cote after 1968
Dolmar CC 117 powder-cote after 1968(special muffler)
Dolmar CC 116 (army colour)
Dolmar CC 116 AV(last update model with anti-vibration in rear and front handle)
Dolmar CC 117 AV super (last update model with anti-vibration in rear and front handle)

Yes Roland,they have been sold also in Benelux.

Dolmar CC super110 hard a bit harder to find,most CC are 109 ore 116.
But the 110 is normaly orange/black and have super written on the sprocket-cover.
Also on the serienumberplate is 110

The later Dolmar 117 super look like the CC 116,that because they used puwder-cote paint in 1968. Than you can see it at the serienumber close to the oiltank 117/.........
And some have a sticker with "super" on the cover
Cilinders are sometime's also diffrent, coolingribs on the out side.

thanks for the update. I find many CC109 with stock handle, as well as early (red/green) and late 116CC.
Very well built saws, and nearly indestructible.

attachment.php

I'll keep my eye out for a super...

Last edited:
something else i looks for some things:

Poulan 6000 ore 5500

Dolmar 153 and CT "full wrap handle"

trade saw's:
Dolmar CC 116
Dolmar CP(first model 1 man saw dolmar 1954)

Welcome to the site Marco,
You sure have some fine Dolmar saws.
I didn't realize there were so many differences
in the CC saws. I have one that is a 117xxxxx
seriel number with a full wrap handle bar.
I will have to get it going someday.

Lee

133 info

Hey guys, I dont have time to read this whole thread and the search systems not helping me any.

I just got a Dolmar 133 and it has a broken clutch side case that I wanted to see about replacing. I really have not had time to dig into this one but it appears to me to be a standard 133.

In my search I find that cuttinscott says the 133super has a different side case with a better brg setup then the standard 133. Could I use a 133 super crankcase on this saw? How about a 143 case. I see by the IPL that the 133/144 case's are the same but the crank used a different part #. The 133/143 share the same stroke and the IPL shows they share the same flywheel, clutch and ign so what is the difference in the cranks?

I'll try to get deeper in this one tomorrow.

Looking for Makita information ....

Hey guys ... can anyone point me to an online source for the Makita saw lineup? Looking for the older models, with the 'boxy' sort of styling, before it got all curvy and such. Just got a nice DCS390 and was wondering about the other models ..... thanks!

MM, If you determine that a 143 case half would work let me know, I think I have one. I know I have a half from a 343, which should be the same as the 143.

Mr. HE:cool:

MM, If you determine that a 143 case half would work let me know, I think I have one. I know I have a half from a 343, which should be the same as the 143.

Thanks for the offer. I talked to a very good Dolmar dealer today and he says there is no problem using the 143 case and crank. I just might have to go that route as I dont like the looks of the clutch side end of the crank much.

It gets worse though as I pulled the jug and the piston is shot. Galled up pretty bad but the good thing is the jug isnt hurt.

I think I'm going to step back and ponder this one for a minute before I decide what to do with it as its missing a couple parts as well. Its missing the washer with the D shaped hole in it for the outside of the sprocket, the throttle linkage is from a coat hanger etc.

I can see the dollars adding up faster then I thought as this was supposed to have a good P/C and no word on the broken case so I dont know what way to go with it yet.

Thanks for the offer. I talked to a very good Dolmar dealer today and he says there is no problem using the 143 case and crank. I just might have to go that route as I dont like the looks of the clutch side end of the crank much.

It gets worse though as I pulled the jug and the piston is shot. Galled up pretty bad but the good thing is the jug isnt hurt.

I think I'm going to step back and ponder this one for a minute before I decide what to do with it as its missing a couple parts as well. Its missing the washer with the D shaped hole in it for the outside of the sprocket, the throttle linkage is from a coat hanger etc.

I can see the dollars adding up faster then I thought as this was supposed to have a good P/C and no word on the broken case so I dont know what way to go with it yet.

There were some pistons on ebay in the $150 range. Just a little rich for me, so I didn't get any, but they were OEM.

I know what you mean about $$$ adding up. If this were not a hobby I'd just buy new saws and be done with it, wear 'em out and replace.

If I had to pay a buck and a half for a piston, this 133 wouldnt stand a chance of ever running again.

I have seen some aftermarket ones on ebay for about $35 though so I'm thinking about it. I have had good luck so far with the Meteor and Epison pistons so far.

I so have a hard time parting saws out though so I say this one may stand a chance yet.

Back