Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And did you have compromising pictures of the seller in the 4th stall at Flying J?

Yes, (was actually at the Pilot)
Man are they disturbing!
Problem is I can't seem to delete them from my Iphone!!!

I offered $250
Only needed few parts of the big old girl.

Yea, that was the one I got. Every time I see one it gets pulled and sold before the bidding ends so I though I'd be the one to ask the seller. I offered $350 and they wanted $450 delivered so I took a chance and got it. Hopefully it won't be in too bad a shape. No chainbrake and only half wrap but beggars can't be choosers. And I only want one, not 2,5 12 or 16 of them. This will complete by big saw collection. I'll put a 42" Cannon on it to match the 42" harvester bar on my Homelite 750 and the 42" General on my 111S.

Yea, that was the one I got. Every time I see one it gets pulled and sold before the bidding ends so I though I'd be the one to ask the seller. I offered $350 and they wanted $450 delivered so I took a chance and got it. Hopefully it won't be in too bad a shape. No chainbrake and only half wrap but beggars can't be choosers. And I only want one, not 2,5 12 or 16 of them. This will complete by big saw collection. I'll put a 42" Cannon on it to match the 42" harvester bar on my Homelite 750 and the 42" General on my 111S.

I asked the seller why they pulled the saw, here's what I got!

I purchased The saw at an estate sale a few days ago.I had a friend stop by today that informed me that a month or 2 ago an older gentleman that lives 3 miles away had his garage broken into and they took several old saws along with with a large collection of old knives.Out of curiousity I made contact with this old guy and showed him the saw and he stared to cry.He told me that back in the day his wife and him had an argument about him purchasing the saw he said it was the only time she told him no they couldnt afford it.i had no doubt it was his as he explained every little scratch on it.I contacted the police and they went to the house where the sale was held and the police are seeking the thieves now.I would have never guessed in a million years this could happen. I am so sorry I pulled thee listing But I know I did the right thing

- shannon7652

I had many offers and had no intentions of pulling the listing thats why I added that I would not end early. I am a firm believer of karma

- shannon7652

WTF!

Again?!

Notice the seller's last edit to his listing .... dirt bag!

Sachs Dolmar 166

You were right, he was!!

Last edited:
Glad to see this thread as a sticky,

who did the dastardly deed?

attachment.php

Damned,

read the last page and see the listing was pulled. I was loooking at that one real close

'dirty deeds done dirt cheap"

Either way, sawfun9 get that girl running and get a vid of that big girl eating wood!
Glad some one here got it!

Either way, sawfun9 get that girl running and get a vid of that big girl eating wood!
Glad some one here got it!

Thats if he even gets the saw. The seller has
already proven himself as a lier and story teller.
I would be some nervous about this transaction.
Especially when it was sold off ebay.

Hope you get it sawfun.

Lee

166 arrival

Well I'm glad my 166 showed up the other day.

Here she is after I unpacked her today. This saw is clean and appears to have done hardly any work at all. Everything is there - chainbrake etc, so I am very pleased with it. It goes well with its yellow brothers, and I am glad to add it to the stable.

Here are some pics,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like a very nice restoration
well done is the 166 similar weight to a 120si ??

Hi Rusty,

No resto here - this saw is in original condition.

The 166 is a heavyweight - 27lbs with a 21" bar, and 118cc's capacity. The 120si is 68cc's and weighs in at around 16lbs. Two totally different spec machines.

Regards,

Chris.

Hi Rusty,

No resto here - this saw is in original condition.

The 166 is a heavyweight - 27lbs with a 21" bar, and 118cc's capacity. The 120si is 68cc's and weighs in at around 16lbs. Two totally different spec machines.

Regards,

Chris.

Sweet saw that is, very rare to find one in such condition....
some queen of da collection I reckon ....:rock:

Latest posts

Back