Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some 3/16's line to replace the disintegrated manual oil line and although that appears to fit the nipple on the oiling end, it appears to be a smidgen big on the end closest to the pump. Of much greater concern, however, is the OD. Both the line I bought and the Tygon I had on hand is WAY too big to fit through the orifice in the case. I tried shaving it down with a utility knife but still couldn't get it close to fitting. I had tried to find some 1/8th" line but couldn't find any but will try harder tomorrow. Is there anything you know of that will fit?

Also, with the angle of the orifice in the case, it would seem you would need to feed the entire line trough the orifice instead of trying to get it through against the angle of the hole. I hope that makes sense. Is that correct?

Hi Rusty,

No resto here - this saw is in original condition.

The 166 is a heavyweight - 27lbs with a 21" bar, and 118cc's capacity. The 120si is 68cc's and weighs in at around 16lbs. Two totally different spec machines.

Regards,

Chris.

Wow that saws never seen any wood!
looks like it sat on a shelf all its life, good find a real collectors gem!
oh btw my 120si with a 22" bar weighs in at 20lbs
the only reason I asked was it looks identical apart from the filter and wrap around handle

Wow that saws never seen any wood!
looks like it sat on a shelf all its life, good find a real collectors gem!
oh btw my 120si with a 22" bar weighs in at 20lbs
the only reason I asked was it looks identical apart from the filter and wrap around handle

Hi Rusty,

You will have to get some pics up of your 120si! The Dolmar saws in this series all look very similar except for small odds and ends as well as the overall size. Good looking saws I reckon.

I fired up the 166 this morning, and I was very pleased at the way it runs - has the distinct Dolmar 166 thump at idle. Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Chris.

Ok, I gotta quit scrolling down to the pics of the 166. I drool all over the keyboard every time!
Anyhow, I need some help with a SD 117. I had one, fully seized up due to water damage. Bought the second one off feebay the other day, & not until I put them side by side did I realize that there were differences in the flywheel side case. My original one has the coil behind the flywheel, the feebay one has mounts for the coil above and outside of the flywheel.
So, is this only an age difference, or are there other major differences, like different cranks? And is there a fairly easy way to get rid of the points setup?
Thanks in advance for any info you guys have.

sachs117001.jpg

sachs117002.jpg

Last edited:
yep

It is now. :hmm3grin2orange:

I should've kept track of how many hours I spent cleaning it up. Actually, on second thought...

Why, somebody paying you by the hour now? And you think they need another worker if the pay is right?

Glad you got it all straightened out. They can pump some oil.
You can turn the adjuster down so you don't use so much.

Lee

I may have to do that. I t just seems odd that every saw I own has the oiler set on max but the one I have that was built almost 30 years ago is going to need to be turned down. Guess I could've saved the money on buying the manual oiler. :laugh:

Hello i am new to this forum.
My name is Marco from the Netherlands and i have a big Dolmar chainsawcollection.
Oldst is a Dolmar C from the early '30,not compleet.
"Youngst" is my Dolmar 166 from 1984.

I think i have the biggste collection Dolmar saws in the world.

Marco

Hello i am new to this forum.
My name is Marco from the Netherlands and i have a big Dolmar chainsawcollection.
Oldst is a Dolmar C from the early '30,not compleet.
"Youngst" is my Dolmar 166 from 1984.

I think i have the biggste collection Dolmar saws in the world.

Marco

You know we need lots of pics!!Welcome to AS :clap:

Back