Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 116SI is a very nice saw, congrats.

I picked up two Dolmar 153 last week, both excellent runners after I got done with them. One has a broken top cover, but will be looking for a replacement. Very stong saws :bowdown: The 166's don't wanna show up in Belgium though....;grrrr Lee probably sweeped the market a long time ago :hmm3grin2orange:

153E.jpg

153b.jpg

I picked up two Dolmar 153 last week, both excellent runners after I got done with them. One has a broken top cover, but will be looking for a replacement. Very stong saws :bowdown: The 166's don't wanna show up in Belgium though....;grrrr Lee probably sweeped the market a long time ago :hmm3grin2orange:

Two 153s? Very nice pickup!

I don't know what I like better ... the pix of your saws, your avatar (for obvious reasons) or the great looking wall!

The rain stoped for a couple mins!I ran out with the 116 tryed it on a piece of 14' dry Hickory! Went through it like butter :clap: My 30 or so acres of trees are not safe any more! :hmm3grin2orange: That is one sweet saw! The bad part.....One will never be enough LOL

153E.jpg

153b.jpg

Holy crap Roland, Two 153's at one time is a very nice find.
I'm sure there are plenty more 166's out there. But i'm
sure glad i got hooked on them a long time ago.
I just finished up another non runner i had. New top end
and now a nice runner.

I'm gotta get some pictures of my 116 Super and maybe a video of it cutting.

Not to many of those out there.

When you are away from home as much as I am with work, sometimes you have no option but to pull saws apart in your hotel room. Here is the 166 I made a start on over the weekend - confirming the worst of my suspicions - a cylinder that needs relining. The intake and exhaust port areas have suffered significant wear - down to the parent cylinder material. The piston is still serviceable, and should only require a good clean up and a fresh set of rings.
The rest of the saw is in pretty good condition, however the AV mount threads need to be repaired as these are all looking a little ragged.
Here are a few pics of the saw in its semi dismantled state, and the cylinder showing the wear around the exhaust and inlet port areas.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back