sachs dolmar compression...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laneparsons

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello...

I have a Sachs dolmar 120 si that i dont know too much about...I have it running good with new sprocket, chain, and bar...and I like the power it has...but...

There is so much compression that when the starter kicks on me (when it doesnt start), it nearly takes my hand off...is there anything that I can do about this (besides get rid of the saw?)

Thanks

Lane

:(

hello lane,
Hopped up a few sacks 120's a few years back. awesome little saw. If the handle pulled through your hand just forget about using that hand for a couple of days. what we had to do was install a decompression valve in the cylinder head.I would'nt get rid of the saw. It will outcut almost all other 4 cube saws
ken dunn

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the reply...Is that a hard install? I mean, can a regular person like me do it? I really would like to keep the saw...

where can i get the parts?

Thanks for your Help...

Lane

:)

Hello lane,
we use the husqvarna decompression valve,its about 15 dollars, you will have to take the barrel off ,fly cut a flat on the top of the cylinder, then drill and tap a hole to fit the decompression valve and then reinstall on saw. a machine shop can do it for you or you can send it to me and we can do it for you. the machine work will cost you 50.00
Ken kdhotsaw 530-589-2744

Also Lane make sure every time with a saw like that you have it firmly on the ground and dont try to start with half a pull. always give it a good hard pull to make sure you overpower the compression

OH YEAH...The saw is always on the ground...with my foot on the rear handle underneath the trigger and my right hand holding the top of the saw, just in front of the spark plug...any other way i would probably be in the hospital!!!!

and Ken...i may take you up on your offer...i will look into doing it myself, and if I feel like i cant, i will call you...i really want to keep the saw...

thanks for your help (everyone)

Lane

:)

Back