saw hype..any one disappointed when they tried one out for themselves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:laugh:, sounds like the right job for an echo.

do I hear an echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo in here?

Many years ago I bought a 036. Didn't know much about saws...wanted something comparable to our old 041 farm boss.
Took the dealers recomendation, plunked down my hard earned cash and took my new saw home.
That saw turned out to be a real pig, had it back for adjustments several times, it never lived up to what I thought it should do.

Several years later....
Ed walks into dealer, sets 036 on counter.
Hi Ed,
Afternoon JP,
Whats wrong with the saw?
Won't cut.
I'll have Jack look at it,
Won't do any good.
Huh?
Sorry JP, it's a gutless wonder, give me something that will freakin' cut wood.
Uh, I don't usually take trade-in's.
Not my problem, give me something that will freakin' cut wood.
Ummmm, ok, lets go see what I have.

JP hands Ed a shiny new 046 dual port...
This will cut?
Uh, "It should do what you want"
Hope so...
So do I.

It did & still does. :laugh:

Ed

Now, I find that I keep my 346XP and 7900 near the door for easy access. I seldom get another saw out. In my opinion the perfect 3 saw plan is the NE346XP and the 7900. Spend the money you would have spent on a third saw on the sin of your choice.

Just my opinion, and I'm often wrong,

ole joat

:agree2:
It seems like I've seen that plan somewhere before......;)

:cheers:
Mike

:agree2:
It seems like I've seen that plan somewhere before......;)

:cheers:
Mike

Originally Posted by joatmon
Now, I find that I keep my 346XP and 7900 near the door for easy access. I seldom get another saw out. In my opinion the perfect 3 saw plan is the NE346XP and the 7900. Spend the money you would have spent on a third saw on the sin of your choice.

ole joat

What bar length are you running on each saw?

Originally Posted by joatmon

ole joat

What bar length are you running on each saw?

I run an 18" on the 2153 and depending on what I'm using the 8401 for I have an 18", 24" and 32" for it.....

Mike

gotta have a compliment man, cant just have one!! :biggrinbounce2:

I got the 372 for the bigger stuff (prolly 30-40% of the time it'll get used), now need a smaller one for the other 60-70% of the time.

I bet your pocket book wishes you never found this site or came to Erick GTG...LOL...

gotta have a compliment man, cant just have one!! :biggrinbounce2:

I got the 372 for the bigger stuff (prolly 30-40% of the time it'll get used), now need a smaller one for the other 60-70% of the time.

Don't forget the 395xp for the really big stuff.

Than your going to need a back up for all three.

So a 350, 272xp and 394xp should do. Also your going to need a 3120xp.

Now lets talk what your going to need to in the way of play saws................

Latest posts

Back