Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eDDY9zxj8HxZVxVyIMkFyBvdhk-YT7w8vFa8Yd2J7JA=w1223-h917-no

Looks like a challenge for 3 hp .

vp4QC5JHMOw57TjprOBywlOVfT7dVrY9q3yaZgESGUY=w1223-h917-no

But it gets it done just fine :)

After supper I went over to the pile , my buddies son was home from work so he was eager to get to the wood pile .
I blocked up some wood with the 026 Mighty Mouse , my buddy looked at me and said that his brothers 026 didn't run and cut like mine , not even close LOL
I showed the kid the SS , I split several rounds showing hand position , how to try and read the wood , how to get out of a jamb etc...
Told him it was a thinking man's splitter , only 3 hp , not the hydro so he had to pay attention at all times .
I blocked up the wood and he ran the splitter , he was smiling every time I looked over .

DcR1N6u6yIkHskRk8OkEH3PfbBwiRAI_1KMTvFnXkBE=w1223-h917-no

We got better than 3/4 cord done tonight and drug it down to the drying and stacking area , he was still smiling LOL

After supper I went over to the pile , my buddies son was home from work so he was eager to get to the wood pile .
I blocked up some wood with the 026 Mighty Mouse , my buddy looked at me and said that his brothers 026 didn't run and cut like mine , not even close LOL
I showed the kid the SS , I split several rounds showing hand position , how to try and read the wood , how to get out of a jamb etc...
Told him it was a thinking man's splitter , only 3 hp , not the hydro so he had to pay attention at all times .
I blocked up the wood and he ran the splitter , he was smiling every time I looked over .

DcR1N6u6yIkHskRk8OkEH3PfbBwiRAI_1KMTvFnXkBE=w1223-h917-no

We got better than 3/4 cord done tonight and drug it down to the drying and stacking area , he was still smiling LOL
Awesome...you guys will enjoy busting wood with the SS. Any plans of fabricating a cover for the flywheels?

Awesome...you guys will enjoy busting wood with the SS. Any plans of fabricating a cover for the flywheels?
I have the cover , I had it off because the points closed up this winter .
Please don't call OSHA on me Lol

Scrounging....that can wait. Till the afternoon ;)
Im busy.
20150712_105709.jpg

Spent yeaterday moving about 50 wheelbarrows of gravel and getting sun burned in the process lol. We spent the day making a new fire pit by the lake.Probably did too much for one day but we wanted to get it done. I might scrounge so more red oak later.
20150711_205402.jpg

Scrounging....that can wait. Till the afternoon ;)
Im busy.
View attachment 435468

Spent yeaterday moving about 50 wheelbarrows of gravel and getting sun burned in the process lol. We spent the day making a new fire pit by the lake.Probably did too much for one day but we wanted to get it done. I might scrounge so more red oak later.
View attachment 435469
Nice...looks like a great, relaxing place. Fire pit area down by the water...priceless!! Good luck with the project.

Changed the oil in the splitter, ready for another afternoon of splitting. It is seriously hot today but nothing like what you guys down south deal with.
97 now in mid-Ga and climbing...prolly hit 100 soon. Add the heat index, makes it feel like 105 or better :eek:...found me some inside chores to do today. ;)

Split/stacked another trailer load last night with the help of my wife and daughter. I walked away to help my daughter get some toys out and I turned around and my wife was loading logs on the splitter, splitting them, and then throwing them in the trailer. It was great to see her start to run the thing by herself. She is usually just the lever operator which is a great help in its own right.

It didn't take long before my 3 year old daughter came down and wanted to help. So we got her hearing protection, safety glasses and some gloves and she helped mommy work the lever on the splitter. Talk about a family affair. I hope she still wants to help dear old dad when she gets a little older.

Back