Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Business conference, starts tonight runs through Sunday
Staying at the Westin in the airport, conference is here

But today, going to hop the train into town, kid that used to work for me moved out here three years ago

We’ve been in touch and he told me some places to check out

He is telling me I should rent a car and just drive towards the Rockies. “In three years, I haven’t stopped being in amazement by them”

Plus he said now that the fire is out the smoke settled and I’ll have great views. (Guess they just had a wildfire)
I meant what town or part of the Rockies?

The first time my Dad, Mom and I took a road trip out west, we ran into the Big Horn Mts like in your picture. Being flatlanders, we were totally amazed at them. Then we got to Glacier and WOW!

The first time my Dad, Mom and I took a road trip out west, we ran into the Big Horn Mts like in your picture. Being flatlanders, we were totally amazed at them. Then we got to Glacier and WOW!
Ahhhh

Yeah Denver, on a train full of 20 something kids that I’m wondering where they get there money from? I guess they’re the definition of “hipster”

Insane

OMG! I wish I had a scrap yard like that around me. Then again, I'd be collecting more stuff than I could use. Go back and grab me the largest kettle pictured and send it to me :laugh: .
I don't think there were any more kettles in there; maybe some industrial cast iron scrap is what you're seeing. There are a couple of teapots if that interests you. :drinkingcoffee:

I don't think there were any more kettles in there; maybe some industrial cast iron scrap is what you're seeing. There are a couple of teapots if that interests you. :drinkingcoffee:
The round bottom cauldron type. Years ago, some idiot in St Louis put a curb alert on CL for one of those large 20-30 gal cauldron and a 10 gallon one for Free. I'm looking for something in a 10 gal size (cheap). Well, I'm 40 miles away from this guy and by the time I got there, it would have been gone.

Cast iron cooked deep dish. Homemade sauce, onions, green pepper, hamburger, pepperoni, canadian bacon and 5 kinds of cheese.
View attachment 1206119
Looks great! Love your dishes you post. Well, I just had my weekly fried fresh fish, okra, tomato, onion and libation done in cast iron. Now time for a little rye.

Sounds like y'all ran I-90. Probably hit Buffalo to see the Bighorns. Lived in Buffalo for several years in the late '70s, beautiful country, miss it a lot.

Back