Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a big dehumidifier down in the basement. Even though it's a walk out and only 1/2 buried in the hill, every sumer it gets a bit damp. Hasnt been too bad this summer, been able to keep it around 20% humidity so far.
Dang, 20%, we know nothing of the sort here. Every morning here it's very humid, 70-80 is pretty normal, 90s isn't out of the question, and even 100% when it's not raining :baba:.

Screenshot_20240621_071756_RadarNow!.jpg

This was pretty funny, must have been real humid at 7pm 🤣.
Screenshot_20240617_161747_RadarNow!.jpg

Still have one tire out of acceptable range after road force balancing . Anything over 30 on a large truck tire may still cause a vibration. Tech told me to put that tire on the rear of the truck this is on my 85 . I’m sure the tire that was 73 was the main culprit for the vibration .IMG_8640.jpeg

I recall reading the New England has the best foliage. I bet the Fall foliage along the river would be nice to see. Further up North it would probably be better.
Agree on the maple. Cabot Trail in Cape Breton can be colourful.
fall2.jpgfall.jpg

Beech too can be nice when fall conditions are right. This one's on the edge of our lawn.

20211029_105858-fall-beech-tree.jpg

For all you auto guys, pressure on our suburban ac shows 45. Should it not be in the low 20's and if so how does one bring it down. Working but not so well.
The wife's was reading like 80-100# I think, 04 Honda crv 225k the repair shop said it needs a new compressor 800-1000$ I think. So I went and bought her the ford escape with working ac.

Another day of rotary cutting,

Resized-20240624-172318-S.jpg

We FINALLY have everything cut once, and a couple places cut twice, and that's it for rotary cutting, until grows some more. lol

SR

Dang, 20%, we know nothing of the sort here. Every morning here it's very humid, 70-80 is pretty normal, 90s isn't out of the question, and even 100% when it's not raining :baba:.

View attachment 1186271

This was pretty funny, must have been real humid at 7pm 🤣.
View attachment 1186272
I was talking about in the basement with the dehumidifier running, lol.

The elm went pretty easy we split up to maybe 12-14" rounds. I saved one nice 10-12" round to test the x27 with. The wood was stringy somewhat but all went well. Probably a face cord worth.

Maybe it's just me, but are you SURE that is Elm??? Looks a lot like Pignut (Smooth Bark) Hickory to me!

I was talking about in the basement with the dehumidifier running, lol.
I was just commenting on humidity in general.
The dehumidifier in ours runs nearly 100% of the time, it's set at 45% iirc.
Little less humidity out today, but the 20+ up to 70mph winds, the hail, and rain, are making it not so nice out now. Wife said we lost powerand there are a bunch of smaller branches down. Guess the power is out and the chicken run took a hit from a large branch too. It's always something right lol.
Guess I never hit "post reply".
Update, a tree fell on the chicken run, and the humidity is back up to 97% :baba: .

Back