Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extang is a little screwy on what fits what. Their website told me my hardcover from my 2008 F250 only fit trucks to 2010. So I went and bought a new one $$$ for my 2017 F250. When I got the 2021 F250 out of curiosity I tried the old one on it and it fit fine.
Think it’s that they haven’t physically tried it on a truck to say whether it fits or not. I wanted this one because it covers up the stake holes . Ones made for the 72 and down don’t so then you need to get the plugs so no water gets in

Back to work tomorrow, didn't have nearly ad productive a weekend as I had hopped. Some of it was my fault, some nit so much. I did get the hill side wall up and covered in tin on the wood shed section of the shop. I still need to pour a short knee wall or just suck it up and get a load of stone or fill to bring it up to grade. For now I'll be able to get plenty of wood in there for this winter. Woods just gonna get stacked on skids for this winter.
I ended up with both the kids today, wife didn't feel like dropping them off at daycare, and I had no plans to run into town. So they stayed home. Not the best decision on my part, didn't get anything done on the shop, and they spent the day pushing every button I had till the both got sent to their rooms till their mother came home from work.
After my wife got home, I ran over to my dad's place and found the busted fuel line on his 7.3l power junk E-350. What a mess. Had to take the turbo off and remove half the wiring harness to get to both ends of the fuel line. I'm not convinced I'll be able to get it back on without removing either the HPOP or the ac bracket. Neither are really fun to remove in a van. Hopefully ford has the fuel line in stock/they can get it before Thursday. Dad and mom are planning to back down to the bay and he needs the van to haul the wellcraft.

With Ericka out of town for a bit

Might try to sneak up there Friday night and stay over. Come home Saturday evening, are you available??
No ... Krystle and I have to attend the Fish & Game club meeting Fri night (something going on), and Saturday is the discount trap day! I thought you were bringing someone???

As the Chinese curse goes... my life has been interesting for the past 3 months or so... elder care to the max! Doctors, ambulances, ER, hospital, rehab, PT, OT, GI, VN, and in a pharmacy nearly daily lately... Anyhow, revisiting the pest control thread we had a few months back I found a couple rat snake shed skins at my parents. The large one I found in the same location as shown in the photo of the snake in the storage shed... The other was formerly unknown to me... significantly smaller than the two I posted previously. Now only if they had taken care of the squirrels that got into the attic as well as they did the chipmunks! I had to install an excluder to get rid of the squirrels... that was a much easier job than getting rid of the raccoons up there a few years back.
P.S. those meds are but a small portion of those I'm managing for my parents... multiple injections per day too.

Sheds.gif
IMG_6819.gifIMG_6760.gif

Was on the bike trail last week and saw (what I thought was) a dead snake in the middle of the path. Was less than a foot long, in 7/8 of a circle, almost on its back with its mouth wide open.

Went back a few minutes later, and it was gone! After doing a bit of research, I'll bet it was a little hognose snake playing possum! I had never encountered one of them before.

No ... Krystle and I have to attend the Fish & Game club meeting Fri night (something going on), and Saturday is the discount trap day! I thought you were bringing someone???
Their cousins from Tennessee came up to the cousins on the Jersey Shore house

They went down for the week

National Park Recommends Wrapping Your Car In Tarps When In “Marmot Country”​

IMG_7657.jpeg
‘The marmots are attracted by the smell of engine components and fluids and marmots regularly crawl into undercarriages for exploratory nibbles and that causes damage to radiator hoses and car wiring. The have even been known to stowaway in cars and ended up hundreds of miles away from home.’

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2024...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Philbert

Back