Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A neighbor of mine took down a couple of trees this Spring and stacked it in his back yard. He said I could have it and I told him I'd be by in the Summer when the ground is hard. Didn't want to rut up his yard. Today, I got the first mixed load of Mulberry, Hackberry and Maple.
IMG_3006.JPG
Got it cut to length and unloaded and then went and got a second load.
IMG_3007.JPG

This should fulfill my firewood obligations here for a while. Now I should be allowed to post about 'Other Stuff'.

How many of you out there are 'Swifties'? :laugh: :baba:

Very nice truck but 67 didn’t have side markers . They started on the 68 models .

I wouldn’t want to go any long trips in a non power truck .
Thanks for the correction...sometimes my fat fingers miss the number I was going for! :omg: I should proofread better!

Work hard, play hard

I’m exhausted!!!

Last nights dinner cooked on the woodstove, fired it up to dry my soaked clothes

Then the weather broke about 12:30am

Beautiful today, got some chores done then rode the ATV and shot some rifles

Saw 4 deer, a handful of Grouse and one squirrel

Cousins made burgers and bear tonight

She also brought up another cast iron for camp

Attachments

• IMG_8306.jpeg
    IMG_8306.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8310.jpeg
    IMG_8310.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8311.jpeg
    IMG_8311.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8314.jpeg
    IMG_8314.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8312.jpeg
    IMG_8312.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
PXL_20240809_183232202.jpg
Got a little too close to the boat with my Kubota and knocked a signal lens off and promptly circled around and drove over it. Sigh. Made a miniature stove today. It's supposed to be a mosquito repellant stove burning egg carton or coffee flats. My daughter is burning incense in it now.PXL_20240810_164813410.jpgPXL_20240810_164911634.jpgPXL_20240811_010907843.jpg

I've been working in the garage tonight, something that has not been an regular occurrence for several years. Getting it cleaned up and organized makes it much easier and enjoyable. Still a ways to go though. Even my wife commented that she was glad to see me out there as it one of my happy places.

With my shiny new (old) vise mounted to the new bench, I decided to properly sharpen the chain on the CS-620 to prepare for battle tomorrow. While successfully fixing the neighbor's dishwasher, we talked about a 2 stem dead trees that was half down in her yard. Her SIL and son rented not 1, but 2 saws from Home Depot. They managed to get 1 on the ground (using a step ladder), but ran out of time to do anything else. So I asked if she wanted it all cut up. (Of course she did, not sure why she didn't ask me in the first place.) Anyway, I figure I owe it to her to let her give me firewood, LOL. Instead of brownies, she gave me a $200 gift card to a local highbrow restaurant for fixing the latch and racks on the dishwasher. Much too generous for the work done. She was ready to buy a new one, and they are not exactly giving them away anymore, so so I guess she thought she saved money.

Had a fairly productive weekend so far, even having to deal with my daughters cheerleading practice and cousins birthday party yesterday. I managed to get the rest of the ceiling strips up in the center of the shop yesterday, today I'll get the hole in the roof and the chimney opening in the ceiling framed out, and water tight.
I also ran over to my dad's friends house (the one that got me all the insulation) and picked up 8 peices of 3/4" conduit and a handful of short price that had boxes on them. He gave me a 100' role of 1/2" pex, and a 50' air hose reel. He had no idea if the hose reel worked or not, but was going to toss it if I didn't want it. Gave me a milwaukee Sawzall and old hammer drill. Neither work, said the need brushes. Cheap enough to get to see if they work. If I can get them to work I'll likely give them both away. I don't need either.
Edit:added Pic of strips.

Attachments

• 20240811_111319.jpg
    20240811_111319.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back