Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to disappoint you even more. No firewood pics. Haven't had time to work on my saws and I really have enough firewood to last me for years. I'm cleaning up my firewood stack and laying down a new pallet for my Black Locust I cut in the Spring. In the meantime, I'm planning on building a small shed (12' x 16') that will be laying on 6x6 PT beams (up off the ground). Kind of like those pre-fab sheds you see being sold.

Anyone know if those builders use PT floor joists or just untreated pine. The rim joists will be PT but I don't see the point of PT joists if they'll be covered up by the floor.
When I built my woodshed almost 30 years ago I used PT floor joists since they are exposed to potential moisture from the ground.

Sorry to disappoint you even more. No firewood pics. Haven't had time to work on my saws and I really have enough firewood to last me for years. I'm cleaning up my firewood stack and laying down a new pallet for my Black Locust I cut in the Spring. In the meantime, I'm planning on building a small shed (12' x 16') that will be laying on 6x6 PT beams (up off the ground). Kind of like those pre-fab sheds you see being sold.

Anyone know if those builders use PT floor joists or just untreated pine. The rim joists will be PT but I don't see the point of PT joists if they'll be covered up by the floor.
Some don't, some do. They should, at least if its going to sit on or close to the ground. Moisture is just gonna collect under there and rot it away pretty fast.

Wish I was around for the bluefish blitz’s of years past.

I scrounged this guy up in late May out of Lewes, De.

My buddies dad gave me a recipe about soaking the filets for 1 day in milk, dumping that batch with fresh milk for 2 days then they are good. I thought if you really need to go through all that just to get rid of the bad taste/oil is it really worth it? The wife snapped this pic then he went back in the water.View attachment 1196093
Nice fish. I hear that venison liver gets the milk treatment too.

Check this 68 GMC 2500 that a customer of ours just bought. The body has no holes and only surface rust. The story is that he purchased it from the original owner's wife. It's been across the country numerous times and through Canada and to Alaska once. It had a slide in camper which I would've left in. It has two extra gas tanks in the bed with a switching valve on the drivers side floor. I'm too spoiled and can't imagine doing cross country trips in a truck with manual transmission, brakes and steering. I'm sure it was a handful through the mountains. Oh and it only has a 2 bbl 307.20240809_164606.jpg20240809_164620.jpg20240809_172036.jpg20240809_172043.jpg20240809_172057.jpg

Edited to correct the year.

I'm thinking of nuking my FB account myself.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Check this 67 GMC 2500 that a customer of ours just bought. The body has no holes and only surface rust. The story is that he purchased it from the original owner's wife. It's been across the country numerous times and through Canada and to Alaska once. It had a slide in camper which I would've left in. It has two extra gas tanks in the bed with a switching valve on the drivers side floor. I'm too spoiled and can't imagine doing cross country trips in a truck with manual transmission, brakes and steering. I'm sure it was a handful through the mountains. Oh and it only has a 2 bbl 307.View attachment 1196258View attachment 1196259View attachment 1196260View attachment 1196261View attachment 1196262
I had a set of those same gas tanks in an old truck, the way those old trucks suck gas, you needed them!

SR

Check this 67 GMC 2500 that a customer of ours just bought. The body has no holes and only surface rust. The story is that he purchased it from the original owner's wife. It's been across the country numerous times and through Canada and to Alaska once. It had a slide in camper which I would've left in. It has two extra gas tanks in the bed with a switching valve on the drivers side floor. I'm too spoiled and can't imagine doing cross country trips in a truck with manual transmission, brakes and steering. I'm sure it was a handful through the mountains. Oh and it only has a 2 bbl 307.View attachment 1196258View attachment 1196259View attachment 1196260View attachment 1196261View attachment 1196262
Beautiful truck and well cared for.

They nuked my original account 27 months ago because it got hacked and the person was using my on file credit card to pay for their advertising. FB refused to give me the information on the individual. I'm sure my CC company took care of it. All charges were refunded.

Speaking of old Chevy pickups. Last Monday I bought 50 pounds of bead blast media from a guy that just built a custom 1968 Chevy C10 shortbed. The body is all steel. The frame is a shortened 3/4 ton. This is a complete frame off teardown custom pickup. It has a beefed up 350 in it with stainless headers and stainless dual exhaust. The interior is completely redone. The dash has a modern set of gauges made to fit the dash opening. The truck has been lowered and has dual braking with discs on all four corners. It sports 20 inch mags and low profile tires. The heating/ac system is a complete swap out to a more compact unit for his truck. The motor has chrome valve covers, alternator and ac compressor. The turquoise paint job, that was done up in Maine, is show quality. Total cost invested is around 70K. I wanted to take pictures of it to put up on here since SS396 is such a GM fan. I wasn't sure that the owner would want his truck out on the internet. I am following his FB page. If he puts the photos up I will put them up on here. He also builds racing Powerglide transmissions.

View attachment 1195949View attachment 1195950Good morning

Made some sawdust fly, but not the typical sawdust we make.

This deck was built in 2001 using treated lumber for framing and cedar decking. Had to replace a few cedar boards in 2018 and a few more yesterday. we have a couple of parties at the house over the next few weeks so need to get things whipped back into shape.

Between dealing with the flood, trying to do some camping, and all the projects my kids and I work on (mostly outboards and boats in the summer) there’s no time for anything else so now it’s crunch time.
Love the doggo!
Who's a good boy/girl!?! 😁

Very nice truck but 67 didn’t have side markers . They started on the 68 models .

I wouldn’t want to go any long trips in a non power truck .

Speaking of old Chevy pickups. Last Monday I bought 50 pounds of bead blast media from a guy that just built a custom 1968 Chevy C10 shortbed. The body is all steel. The frame is a shortened 3/4 ton. This is a complete frame off teardown custom pickup. It has a beefed up 350 in it with stainless headers and stainless dual exhaust. The interior is completely redone. The dash has a modern set of gauges made to fit the dash opening. The truck has been lowered and has dual braking with discs on all four corners. It sports 20 inch mags and low profile tires. The heating/ac system is a complete swap out to a more compact unit for his truck. The motor has chrome valve covers, alternator and ac compressor. The turquoise paint job, that was done up in Maine, is show quality. Total cost invested is around 70K. I wanted to take pictures of it to put up on here since SS396 is such a GM fan. I wasn't sure that the owner would want his truck out on the internet. I am following his FB page. If he puts the photos up I will put them. He also builds racing Powerglide transmissions.
Decal on my long bed truck 😄
IMG_8826.jpeg

Back