Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn’t you know it I took the Dodge to fill it up . Heading home CEL came on got home plugged the scanner in p0541 Grid heater solenoid low voltage . Cleared it came right back truck would be ok without the grid in summer but I don’t like the CEL light on . Messed with the connections after I contorted my 65 year old body around the intake horn and passenger side battery. I touched the positive lug from the battery it fell off the solenoid . Tried to get the nut off it too just turned to dust . As luck would have it I was able to get a new one . After some very colorful words I had the new one in ,cleared the code and it hasn’t returned. I also put a new serpentine belt in it . It was replaced last a few years ago when I did the water pump flush and new hoses. But figured it’s cheap insurance to change it out .

Well the saga continues . Just got an email notification the hubs will be delivered between 9 and 1 pm tomorrow. Went onto the online Napa and it said order now and pick up in store tomorrow . We shall see if I don’t get them I’ll cancel the order since I’m getting them from Rockauto on Friday .

And I could always use the bearings and cups they work in the rear carrier .

IMG_9545.jpegIMG_9544.jpegIMG_9543.jpegIMG_9542.jpegGot this Husky 360BT blower I’ve used for the last 8 years or so. Looks like the carbs are throwaways. Too bad as I was hoping to make some adjustments and a muff mod.

Would you guys just replace with the cheap Ebay one or spend the coin on a gasket and rebuild kit?

View attachment 1189334View attachment 1189335View attachment 1189336View attachment 1189337Got this Husky 360BT blower I’ve used for the last 8 years or so. Looks like the carbs are throwaways. Too bad as I was hoping to make some adjustments and a muff mod.

Would you guys just replace with the cheap Ebay one or spend the coin on a gasket and rebuild kit?
They are made to be toss and replace, unfortunately. I've never had success rebuilding one. Even going through the ultrasonic cleaner doesn't seem to work 90% of the time. $14.00 later it runs with an amazobay cheap-o.

Some pics of the crew from our day on the lakeIMG_1327.jpegIMG_1332.jpegIMG_1338.jpeg

Pic of me and pops and my sisters.

Pops and his grandkids minus on grandson (the oldest)

Then everyone, wife brother in-law and nephews GF

Good time

Just a bit of work getting everyone to the remote beach and back with just two boats….

My bass boat and the BIL center console

Some pictures from tonight

Kid broke his pole setting the hook and still managed to land the fish

He also hooked a snapper, lucky I have needle nose pliers, I was able to get the hook out!

Attachments

• IMG_7881.jpeg
    IMG_7881.jpeg
    2.4 MB
  • image000009.jpeg
    image000009.jpeg
    94.3 KB
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    79.2 KB
  • image000006.jpeg
    image000006.jpeg
    101.9 KB
  • image000005.jpeg
    image000005.jpeg
    102.9 KB
  • image000002.jpeg
    image000002.jpeg
    88.7 KB
They are made to be toss and replace, unfortunately. I've never had success rebuilding one. Even going through the ultrasonic cleaner doesn't seem to work 90% of the time. $14.00 later it runs with an amazobay cheap-o.
Bogs down a bit when wot. When warmed up it will run well.

Amazobay ftw.

Some pics of the crew from our day on the lakeView attachment 1189360View attachment 1189359View attachment 1189361

Pic of me and pops and my sisters.

Pops and his grandkids minus on grandson (the oldest)

Then everyone, wife brother in-law and nephews GF

Good time

Just a bit of work getting everyone to the remote beach and back with just two boats….

My bass boat and the BIL center console
Just warms my heart to see a generational family gathering. Treasure that experience.

I may be half baked by the time I get to Tennessee but I’m Gunna sweat it out literally. The hotel said they couldn’t accommodate the the Dodge and trailer as they are fully booked and suggested I park across the street at the Home Depot . Ya I’m going to leave a 13k aluminum trailer and my Dodge unattended for three days in a Home Depot lot . Even pad locked up . Since I just put a new motor, rebuilt transmission and rear in it and all the brakes are new I trust it more than the Dodge IMG_8718.jpegIMG_8719.jpeg
Just need the spare tire cooler and my clothes

Latest posts

Back