Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PSA to make sure your old equipment has good shifter boots and does not have water in the transmission. Classic rust pitting from water settling, now a few hour differential/brake seal job just got a whole lot harder as I believe I will have to pull the differential shaft out to get the cone off. I was going to just toss a new cup on it but a few of the rollers are pitted up so I might as well do it right.

Hopefully a puller exists or I can make one that will sneak in and pull the cone off to save tearing the whole rear end apart. We have 2 more of these tractors that I am sure are also full of water so probably would be worth my time to figure out if its possible.

1720613843972.png 1720614044045.png

you do realize you'll have to offer details?
Very short version of my rant, wife and I are still at odds over what all I need to take out of the shop. She mentioned we either need to buy a bunch of fans, or get an ac unit for the shop too. (Neither are going to happen.) To top that, she "forgot" to take off Friday and/or Saturday, so now all the running around and prep have fallen to me. Generally speaking I'm pretty miserable and don't get to enjoy myself at our parties, too busy getting drinks, keeping food full etc. Just too much work.

Very short version of my rant, wife and I are still at odds over what all I need to take out of the shop. She mentioned we either need to buy a bunch of fans, or get an ac unit for the shop too. (Neither are going to happen.) To top that, she "forgot" to take off Friday and/or Saturday, so now all the running around and prep have fallen to me. Generally speaking I'm pretty miserable and don't get to enjoy myself at our parties, too busy getting drinks, keeping food full etc. Just too much work.
The “Run around guy” that’s me too. Too busy trying to make sure everyone else is having a good time, you don’t really have one yourself

That’s why I prefer going to parties as opposed to throwing them

I may be half baked by the time I get to Tennessee but I’m Gunna sweat it out literally. The hotel said they couldn’t accommodate the the Dodge and trailer as they are fully booked and suggested I park across the street at the Home Depot . Ya I’m going to leave a 13k aluminum trailer and my Dodge unattended for three days in a Home Depot lot . Even pad locked up . Since I just put a new motor, rebuilt transmission and rear in it and all the brakes are new I trust it more than the Dodge View attachment 1189505View attachment 1189506
Just need the spare tire cooler and my clothes
Smart move.

Would you just run some carb cleaner pressurized via a syringe? I can mock up a 20cc syringe with gas line attached.
I have also used carb cleaner in a spray can with the plastic tube. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I have to use fine wire or welding tip cleaners to open up holes. I can also push 150psi thru an airgun at it.

The “Run around guy” that’s me too. Too busy trying to make sure everyone else is having a good time, you don’t really have one yourself

That’s why I prefer going to parties as opposed to throwing them
yes, I much prefer to go to others parties.

I have also used carb cleaner in a spray can with the plastic tube. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I have to use fine wire or welding tip cleaners to open up holes. I can also push 150psi thru an airgun at it.
Don't try using that kind of pressure on chainsaw carbs!

I tried really hard to like it on my 550xp, but it has a bad habit of coming off the bar on me where other brands of chain have not been an issue.
Sorry to hear that, I haven’t heard people have that issue on any other forums and had not either, everything I’ve read people rave about it, . I think it’s some of the best chain , I’ve been running it on my 550xp with a Tsumura LT bar ,cut a lot of wood with no issues. IMG_1195.jpeg

Sorry to hear that, I haven’t heard people have that issue on any other forums and had not either, everything I’ve read people rave about it, . I think it’s some of the best chain , I’ve been running it on my 550xp with a Tsumura LT bar ,cut a lot of wood with no issues. View attachment 1189705
I run the factory laminate x-force bars. For whatever reason, it seems to spit off the RS Pro.

Back