Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truck averaged 12.5 mpg but I was doing 80 at times . Sure if I swapped out the 4.11 to 3.54 or 3.73 ratio it would be better . The truck with the cap in the picture is a big block 454 he averaged 17 but he put a 6l80 in it over the winter . I may do that or get a gear vendor Over/under drive unit and AC

Truck averaged 12.5 mpg but I was doing 80 at times . Sure if I swapped out the 4.11 to 3.54 or 3.73 ratio it would be better . The truck with the cap in the picture is a big block 454 he averaged 17 but he put a 6l80 in it over the winter . I may do that or get a gear vendor Over/under drive unit and AC
My '69 K20 with4.56 rear was about 9.5 uphill, downhill didn't matter. Topped out a little over 90. Miss that beast. Had 3 gas tanks, held 55 gallons total. Bought it used in Wyoming, moved it to Pennsylvania and eventually sold it.

The gear vendor units are nice, we put one in my cousins 74-f150 don't think he'd go back to driving that truck without it.

Latest posts

Back