Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark/SS396

I saw you going through PA, 209, around 12:30

I tooted the horn a few times and waved

Was taking the family to see a piece of property I just grabbed
Ohhh sorry for flipping you the bird ….. 😄

But really I get waves and beeps all the time with the old cars/trucks

Spent the last 5 days at a friend's cabin in Quebec. Split some of the wood from what we felled last fall. It was all dead standing pine and fir. First time using an electric splitter. It worked great on our softwoods, even mangled through the knotty portions. We didn't have any unsplit hardwood rounds to test it however.

Spent the last 5 days at a friend's cabin in Quebec. Split some of the wood from what we felled last fall. It was all dead standing pine and fir. First time using an electric splitter. It worked great on our softwoods, even mangled through the knotty portions. We didn't have any unsplit hardwood rounds to test it however.

If this had actually happened, there would be pics :picture:

IMG_0935.jpegIMG_0936.jpegIMG_0939.jpegIMG_0940.jpeg
Actually did some wood last night!

Split up about a cord of scrounge that’s been laying in the parking area since 2022. Filled the racks and there’s about 1/4 cord left.

I see my new phone takes pictures that are too large to upload here unless I modify them. That’s going to be a pita going forward.

Looks like the 1-76 isn't going to be going with to my buddies place next week. I was too busy to mess with it on call the other evening and will likely be too busy this week to even consider messing with it. Kinda a bummer, but it is what it is. Got dad's van back together last evening. Glad thats done done. Have to check out my neighbors truck this evening and get ahold of dad's buddy to see when he wants me to come and get the rest of the stuff he said I can have. Just too busy. Weekend is already planned full too. All good though, good to keep busy.

My old man came over and helped me get some stuff knocked out on the tractors this past weekend. Got the radiator re set and then he worked his tail off to demount 2 good tires I had on other rims, de mount the 2 junk ones and then remount the good ones back on DC rims and turned them around the correct way. She looks much better now.

1722951413999.png

1722949498774.png

1722949524790.png

Well, dad bought another one.... We took a trip yesterday morning to pick up another set of rims and tires for a project he bought a couple of years ago. Decided to stop and look at this one on the way home, now we gotta go back and pick it up lol. I think that makes 18 tractors between both of us. He has 4 of these Case SCs and funny thing is there is something different about all 4 of them. They made a lot of changes over the years.

View attachment 1190690
They be like horny rabbits and multiply

My old man came over and helped me get some stuff knocked out on the tractors this past weekend. Got the radiator re set and then he worked his tail off to demount 2 good tires I had on other rims, de mount the 2 junk ones and then remount the good ones back on DC rims and turned them around the correct way. She looks much better now.

View attachment 1195568

View attachment 1195560

View attachment 1195561
Good work! Anymore, I find working on old tractors more satisfying than about anything else, 'cept chootin. Gettin too oldt to be crawling under cars for fun. My dad had a plaque: "Ve get too soon oldt, und too late schmardt". How true!

Back