Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally unrelated to wood, at all. Think I've mentioned before one of my many hobbies is 3d printing. Been running a fairly old ender 3, heavily modified for a coupole of years now. Wife finally gave me the go ahead to upgrade. Ordered a bambu labs p1s + the ams (multi filament system) which is a huge step up for me, I'll be able to print more exotic polymers since it's enclosed. Supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow. Opens up a whole world of stuff I can make with engineering grade materials that I had issues printing with my current printer. I'm actually pretty excited to get it. Will probably end up swapping out a few components straight away to make changing nozzles easier but I have a ton of stuff to make for the shop with it planned. If you guys have any interest I'll post up picks as I make stuff.

Totally unrelated to wood, at all. Think I've mentioned before one of my many hobbies is 3d printing. Been running a fairly old ender 3, heavily modified for a coupole of years now. Wife finally gave me the go ahead to upgrade. Ordered a bambu labs p1s + the ams (multi filament system) which is a huge step up for me, I'll be able to print more exotic polymers since it's enclosed. Supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow. Opens up a whole world of stuff I can make with engineering grade materials that I had issues printing with my current printer. I'm actually pretty excited to get it. Will probably end up swapping out a few components straight away to make changing nozzles easier but I have a ton of stuff to make for the shop with it planned. If you guys have any interest I'll post up picks as I make stuff.
Cool stuff, 👍

It’s an amazing technology. Awesome to see it go from an idea, to a modeling tool, to production equipment.

And to see it become mainstream and affordable (at certain levels).

Philbert

It’s an amazing technology. Awesome to see it go from an idea, to a modeling tool, to production equipment.

And to see it become mainstream and affordable (at certain levels).

Philbert
Yes it is, quite amazing. Even newer entry level machines have capabilites machines didn't have just a few years ago. For under $200.00 you can get a beginner set up and have all the features my current printer has that I had to add on/make for it. Machines like I just ordered were $5k and up and didn't have the capabilites my new printer has.
Kinda star trek type stuff right now. Wouldn't surprise me if they became a house hold item in another 10 years. They really are getting really easy to use, design side/programming set aside. Once that's polished the prospects are endless.

I'm to a point now where I am waiting for bolts to lag down the canopy to 4x4's. I'll be able to stack over 6 cord of split wood under here. I still need to order a top canopy for it and put in the ground stakes to keep it from blowing away.

Attachments

• 20240903_100527.jpg
    20240903_100527.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240903_100507.jpg
    20240903_100507.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Fun weekend at the lake with family. We got into quite a few smallmouth, none of any great size. 861193.jpeg85251.jpeg175436.jpg
Back home, I scrounged up a bunch of river grass to decorate my layout blind. We have sole permission to hunt a pasture tomorrow where around 100 geese have been landing at first light after coming off the roost. Hopefully I will report back on a successful hunt!164127.jpgMessenger_creation_ECD41436-0557-4608-8830-FF58FE1EDB31.jpg

Attachments

• 203317.jpg
    203317.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 0
I had a "brutal" day at the office all day today, and this was my office,

Resized-20240903-135318-S.jpg

Much of it was so thick and tall I couldn't see through it, and then there was a swamp I had to cross, and I nearly got stuck crossing it but I got it all done now!

I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be a better day! lol

SR

Back