Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@H-Ranch I did as you said and deleted my Facebook account. Now what to do with my extra time? Oh yeah, be productive!

Glad to be done with that mind melting social media platform. I'll stick with you guys, at least I will actually learn something. I will miss marketplace and some of the groups I was on. It just sucks sooo much time.

Now I'm going to pick apples and dig a french drain.

@H-Ranch I did as you said and deleted my Facebook account. Now what to do with my extra time? Oh yeah, be productive!

Glad to be done with that mind melting social media platform. I'll stick with you guys, at least I will actually learn something. I will miss marketplace and some of the groups I was on. It just sucks sooo much time.

Now I'm going to pick apples and dig a french drain.
Other then market place, I don't do anything with wastbook

At least you had a positive ending for your day where you could relax a bit. Today so many people in Society just plain s-ck. Your used car manager needs to go.
Reminds me of a jerk I worked around a while back. I finally looked at another CO worker standing beside him and said it's been years since I've knocked someone out but I've not forgotten how!
Probably wasn't exactly taking the high road, but the jerk calmed way down after that so...........

I've got a little bit of the CAD bug. I saw a 660 in 'good' shape being sold for $700. First off, is that a good price? If the piston after inspection, is scored, what reduction in price would you ask for? How much does an AM piston or P&C go for? How do you tell if a saw is a clone?

I really don't need it as I have a 046M to work on and it's 1-1/2 - 2 Hrs from me. I hate to drive all that way and it not be in very good shape. Would be a waste of time and gas.

I saw a 660 in 'good' shape being sold for $700. First off, is that a good price?
Not cheap, but nothing is anymore. Look for a SN on the case to see if it is original. Asian saws will not have a SN. Everything is based on condition.

Check if it idles well, has good compression, responds well and pulls in the cut.

Often minor stuff like spark plugs, air or fuel filters, or tank vents will degrade performance.

Usually, you can clean up a cylinder (that is the expensive part, and OEM is best), see Randy's excellent video on how. The bigger thing to check is if the bearings are good ... that is a bigger job to fix. Also, the crank bearing is critically important as it (alone) cannot be replaced w/o getting a whole new crank.

You can get a Meteor piston (on EBay) shipped for less than $50 and they are just as good as OEM.

Everything is based on condition, but a scored cylinder will substantially reduce the value due to the work to fix it.

Hopefully they thrive and grow, unfortunately my area the Ash trees 🌳 are decimated, 🤬
Most all the larger ones are gone here, unless they've been treated.
We never had any here at the house, but literally 300yrds down the river valley there were tons. The whole river valley was full of them, now, those nice ones are all dead.
@Honyuk96 had some big ones around the corner from where he lives that were treated, nice seeing some bigger ones still around.
Only ash tree I've seen recently is down at my in-law place. Growing between the house and ac unit. 🤦🏼‍♂️ next spring I'm gonna dig it up and plant it somewhere else.
I've considered getting a couple to plant here at the house and see how they do.

Most all the larger ones are gone here, unless they've been treated.
We never had any here at the house, but literally 300yrds down the river valley there were tons. The whole river valley was full of them, now, those nice ones are all dead.
@Honyuk96 had some big ones around the corner from where he lives that were treated, nice seeing some bigger ones still around.

I've considered getting a couple to plant here at the house and see how they do.
EAB in ur area ?

I know I said I was gonna do nothing today in honor of National Drink Beer Day, but my old new best friend texted with the offer of more firewood. So off I went in the mist to get 2.X loads. I thought it was going to be a lot of cottonwood, but to my surprise most of it is oak. That should keep me from doing nothing for the rest of the week.
20240928_130425.jpg20240928_144632.jpg20240928_154056.jpg

Latest posts

Back