Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are EAB in this Maple. I'm not very happy about that.
They attack Maple? Dang! I don't have any ash here, but quite a bit of Big Leaf Maple on my property.

On a different note, I'm glad I got firewood done for this winter on Thursday. I got a call while I was at a birthday party for my granddaughter requesting that I go to North Carolina with a PNW Incident Management Team to assist with Hurricane Relief. I fly out tomorrow night or Monday.

Scrounged up a ruffie today. It was a beautiful morning. We flushed 7 birds, had shots on 3 and got this one. Not too bad for 1.5 hours of hunting.20241005_091842.jpgMaggie is still learning how to work grouse. Ellie did the majority of my grouse hunting but since Ellie is now retired it's Maggie's turn.

G'day fellers,

I'm 50 pages behind and will be reading my eyes to the bone to catch up, but I thought I should let you know that I am coming over to the USA with the family over the Christmas/New Year period. Staying with in-law family in the middle of New Hampshire. I'd love to be able to run some saws and shoot some guns but I won't really have the ability to travel around much. But if some of you blokes in the northeastern states feel like a drive....?

Anyone about?

G'day again fellers,

Went down to the coast for some fishing last weekend. Mitch, whose farm I cut most of my wood from, came down as well. His father was from this place and he wanted to scatter his ashes (finally, after 19 years). Had a great weekend, caught Oz salmon, tailor (bluefish), bream, luderick and mullet. Kept a few, let most go. Perfect weather too.

20240927_134719.jpg

20240927_124823.jpg

20240928_171609.jpg

Dinner at the pub after, looking out over the estuary.

20240928_181040.jpg

Yes it’s a van , just like it’s a saw , it’s what on the inside, that makes the difference, modified van or ported saw. 👍😆

Or for US$100K (CA$130K) you can roam the pavement and the woods with a 4x4, 6.6L Duramax/Allison transmission combo, 12,000lb hooklift and an aluminum 2 cord box. And yes, inside is what counts. That Duramax produces a respectable 14 mpg (17 L / 100km) at 50-60 mph (80-100 kph) fully loaded with 2 cord (8,000 lbs, 3,600 kg) of hardwood on board. It's sweet spot is 50 mph (80 kph) where you can average 15 mpg (15 L/100 km). Pictured here with one cord aboard.

20220629_134226-cv515-1.25-cord-delivery-gina.jpg

Back