Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed everyone's aurora borealis pics. Of course, the one night I decided "too much screen time today, do something else" Unbeknownst to me, it was visible right outside my garage as I was busy at reorganizing bottles of oil and solvents. Pretty happy with how the shelving unit looks now though :D
It's rare to see them as far south as central IL and they were suppose to be visible last night. I knew this, but got side tracked and went to bed early. Missed them.

It's rare to see them as far south as central IL and they were suppose to be visible last night. I knew this, but got side tracked and went to bed early. Missed them.
Daughter got good pictures of it in Mobile, AL. All I saw here in N WI was a very faint purplish. no cell fone pic showed anything. Similar to Lee192233 posted, but not near as good.

Time for my public service announcement

Get your colonoscopy when your doctor starts telling you it’s time, currently that’s in your 40s.

My first one at about 70 found stage 4 colon cancer, almost two years ago. It could have been caught as polyps if I had it done earlier. I was probably about to but put it off a little longer to deal with some other issues, some mine and some my wife’s, and the Covid hit, another delay.

Treatment is keeping it down and will probably be getting a section of colon removed soon. Surgeon is going to take a look in two weeks, via another colonoscopy, to see what he thinks. I call it a “colon-disconnect-omy “.
Good luck with all that.
in 2 weeks im going for my 3rd colonoscopy,,, so far so good 70

I’ve been racing and riding MTB for 35 years and ride 12 months a year, and enjoy it as much now as I did when I first started, 👍 and hiking and of course the wood stuff,View attachment 1210686View attachment 1210687
Looks like a lot of fun, I just ride the kids 20" bikes around now and then to show them how the old man used to do it :laugh:. Couple weeks ago I had to show one of my boys friends how to do a tail whip, what's real funny is I nailed it the first time, and no I'm not talking about nailing the ground either:lol:.
Two yrs ago I was telling the boy look at this nice runout, you should set up a little jump to pop off of. He brought some stuff out and set it up about two foot from the hill, I said no move it back a bit lol.

Then he had to show me how it's done, editing anyway lol.

That snap kick was the star of the show!
We don't screw around here, you move, or get moved :buttkick::laughing:.
I watched it after I loaded it on my computer, I noticed how when I first started cutting it basically stopped cutting when I hit that dead branch, dead locust can be real hard. Can't image cutting all the stuff @Cowboy254 and those guys have to cut.

We don't screw around here, you move, or get moved :buttkick::laughing:.
I watched it after I loaded it on my computer, I noticed how when I first started cutting it basically stopped cutting when I hit that dead branch, dead locust can be real hard. Can't image cutting all the stuff @Cowboy254 and those guys have to cut.
A lot of the maple tops I've cut lately have been just as bad. Bad enough that I've gone exclusively to semi-chisel.

My Dad had a bunch of sayings that keep staying relevant:

"Quality will be remembered long after the price paid is forgotten".
My father would have added “Quality is a management decision.”
Over time it has become abundantly clear to me that price isn’t a reliable indicator of quality… aesthetics can hide a lot!

Looks like a lot of fun, I just ride the kids 20" bikes around now and then to show them how the old man used to do it :laugh:. Couple weeks ago I had to show one of my boys friends how to do a tail whip, what's real funny is I nailed it the first time, and no I'm not talking about nailing the ground either:lol:.
Two yrs ago I was telling the boy look at this nice runout, you should set up a little jump to pop off of. He brought some stuff out and set it up about two foot from the hill, I said no move it back a bit lol.

Then he had to show me how it's done, editing anyway lol.

Check out Redbull Rampage this Saturday, lol 👍

Some aurora at my house. It was pretty amazing. Got to run a saw today. Trimmed up my mom's spruce that was encroaching on the driveway. Ended up with a truck load of limbs which I burned at home. The ole poulan is leaking bar oil and I buy the good stuff! And my wood getter needs new tires. PXL_20241011_021124104.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20241011_020714020.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20241011_160531682.jpgPXL_20241011_201635662.jpgPXL_20241011_204116509.MP.jpgPXL_20241011_213246875.jpgPXL_20241011_215142568.MP.jpg

Back