Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than anything, it's dirty.
I get that. I sent a bunch of semi down to Georgia with a saw yesterday, told him to use it on dirty wood. If I cut a lot of nasty wood off a pile, I'd run 404 semi, it last long time.
It's okay, but I won't be buying anymore.
Rather buy x-cut for the price, and it's way smoother out of the box.

Do you inspect your furnace every year? I haven't pulled the shrouds off of mine in 13 years. Probably should...
yes, every year and I usually check the chimney twice a year. Although since I went to the insulated stainless chimney I doubt that it's nessisary to inspect it twice a year. Since it's my only heat source for the house I try to keep it in good repair.

I usually use the rs amateur :laughing: .
I prefer the x-cut myself, fastest and smoothest out of the box I've ran, and holds an edge just as well as RS after being filed.
Have you tried the chain yet ? in clean wood IMO it’s faster than X - cut , X - cut was the fastest in .325 till I tried 23RS Pro , the cutter profile not like regular RS , The C83 is the fastest outta the box 3/8 pitch, Then if all else fails, bring the big stuff, Lol IMG_3435.png

yes, every year and I usually check the chimney twice a year. Although since I went to the insulated stainless chimney I doubt that it's nessisary to inspect it twice a year. Since it's my only heat source for the house I try to keep it in good repair.
I always clean and inspect from the inside of mine and obviously clean the chimney every year. I've never pulled the shrouds to check for cracks though.

Have you tried the chain yet ? in clean wood IMO it’s faster than X - cut , X - cut was the fastest in .325 till I tried 23RS Pro , the cutter profile not like regular RS , The C83 is the fastest outta the box 3/8 pitch, Then if all else fails, bring the big stuff, Lol View attachment 1211097
No, the biggest saw I have right now is 85cc, no reason to run 404. A while ai did buy a new 24x063 stihl lightweight bar, I still haven't ran it, it will be happening soon though. I normally run all 050, except on a couple real small saws that are set up for 043 picco/ lp.

No, the biggest saw I have right now is 85cc, no reason to run 404. A while ai did buy a new 24x063 stihl lightweight bar, I still haven't ran it, it will be happening soon though. I normally run all 050, except on a couple real small saws that are set up for 043 picco/ lp.
Yea , I wanta see those square grinders setup in that sweet barn , 👍

Back