Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's an idea! Unfortunately I do not have a trolling motor. Well, I do, but it would take some doing to rig up the bow mount foot pedal model from my jon boat into a canoe lol.
You can easily build a rear cross mount with an overhang to clamp on the inside of a canoe with the motor attached to the overhang. My FIL made me one years ago for our canoe. He made it out of a piece of Ash. It had wedges on the outside to go under the top edge and sliding clamps on the inner edge that bolted up to the crossbar. If I knew where I put it years ago I would take a picture of it for you.

My newly acquired dump carryall works great. I can unload it from my seat by putting it all the way up and pulling the lock catch. Closing it is a lot easier if I just tilt the whole basket upwards in the back using the hydraulic top link. I can now carry 3 times the amount of wood in one trip.

Attachments

• 20241021_110743.jpg
    20241021_110743.jpg
    6 MB
  • 20241021_111044.jpg
    20241021_111044.jpg
    3.6 MB
Black ducks are the ones we have to be careful with. Last I checked, we are allowed 2 per day and 6 in possession at home. It can be hard to tell them from a mallard hen in low light.
I have yet to harvest a blackduck. We are between flyways so we pretty much get 85% ringnecks with smorgasbord of puddlers and a few other divers (not counting mergansers)

My son got a pintail the other day (first one at our cabin in my lifetime). I am also waiting on a canvasback.

You can easily build a rear cross mount with an overhang to clamp on the inside of a canoe with the motor attached to the overhang. My FIL made me one years ago for our canoe. He made it out of a piece of Ash. It had wedges on the outside to go under the top edge and sliding clamps on the inner edge that bolted up to the crossbar. If I knew where I put it years ago I would take a picture of it for you.

My newly acquired dump carryall works great. I can unload it from my seat by putting it all the way up and pulling the lock catch. Closing it is a lot easier if I just tilt the whole basket upwards in the back using the hydraulic top link. I can now carry 3 times the amount of wood in one trip.
Thanks Jim. I think I got the jist of it from your explanation. I'm sure I can put something together if I find a tiller handle trolling motor for the right price.
I have yet to harvest a blackduck. We are between flyways so we pretty much get 85% ringnecks with smorgasbord of puddlers and a few other divers (not counting mergansers)

My son got a pintail the other day (first one at our cabin in my lifetime). I am also waiting on a canvasback.
They are fairly uncommon here too, probably why they are limited harvest. I can count on one hand the number I have brought home over the years. Very cool on the pintail, we do not see those here.

I'm headed to a money making job tomorrow,

10-21-2402-S.jpg

Like today, it's going to be another sunny 70's day tomorrow too, so another nice day to be working out.

SR

Hats off for Husqvarna and its support for storm support. That has helped me with my decision on a larger saw .The Husqvarna 592xp or a Stihl 661cmr. I think the 692 has it .
Thank to Husqvarna Corp. for helping where it is needed. I sent a relative a saw to help out.

Back