Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
........ It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to cut and hand split a load like this........ After I bent the axle on my good road trailer last year, I am no longer piling on all I can. I am not taking my new road trailer into the timber.
..... Cutting and splitting firewood is good exercise, and I still like to do it when other things are not pressing.
Bent your axle? I bent my frame by overloading with logs. I've got some angle iron I'm going to weld to the cross members after I straighten them.

A lot of people here will agree with you about hand splitting for the exercise. Just remember, some day you'll be old and you'll feel the toll hand splitting has taken on your body over the years.

Bent your axle? I bent my frame by overloading with logs. I've got some angle iron I'm going to weld to the cross members after I straighten them.

A lot of people here will agree with you about hand splitting for the exercise. Just remember, some day you'll be old and you'll feel the toll hand splitting has taken on your body over the years.
That is the truth. Be smart and buy a splitter. Your body will greatly approve of that purchase.

I primarily ride around with my trailer and scrounge roadsides on Sundays after everyone has done their yardwork, usually after a storm the picking is good. I get a modpodge of stuff. There is a tree service in my route that yields some really good wood as well.
This past weekend I scored a bunch of Locust and White oak, and a smidge of birch.( pictures attached)
Welcome!

Morning everybody

Question for you guys. Earlier this summer, my office building flooded. Everything is dried out and we’re in the process of redoing the basement. Going to paint the walls with concrete paint. Wanted to do something on “ceiling” which is basically the bottom of the main level wood floor/joists that would contrast the white walls of the concrete. Was thinking maybe just some sort of dark stain? I know if we went with a light color of paint it would take a lot of coats to get things uniform and I don’t want to spend that much time or money.

Latest posts

Back