Sending to Walker's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russ makes a very good point on the "repair and return" As well you should use a commercial value of no more than 20 dollars when shipping to Canada...and you can still insure it for whatever you like...

I have built saws and I have bought saws, as long as you only want a woods saw, why not Madsens? I,ve seen Kens and Dennis's work, also the others! Don't want to down troud any ones performance work, but if I were not going to do the job myself, I know where I would go. Good Luck Jon.

Hi Jon, I like the Madsens tuned saw, especially the way they remove the head gasket for those big power gains.
The best thing of all is they closely check all those tolerances to make sure everything is just ticketyboo, but what do they do when they find tolerances that are out? Do they scrap the saw or do they install a new piston, jug and whole bottom end?

Big John, you funny guy you, you and your Never Dull. ( OK so you got me )
If we get together and take off our hats we can add some light to this world. Hey be careful out in the woods you old saw dog!!!! Want to see you in Clearwater next year, if you start early and I finish the late shift, we could probably out drink Dennis. BJ fom Ca.

Hi Big Jon, I think we would make a good lil gypo logging crew.
You fall, I'll skid and buck, however you would probably be sittin on a stump having a beverage waiting for me to get back from the landing, so as you can see, my job is very low stress. I think we could do real well, especially if Mike was out buying the timber for the next job, plus we got the Nevr Dull, so we wont ever need to file or borrow Mikes glasses.

Madsen`s?

Hi Jon, what are you saying, that you would go with a Madsen`s saw if it was only going to be used in the woods? My head is a little punky right now so I`m not sure I`m getting your point. Thanks, Russ

Russ, I,am saying anyone can rough out a woods saw, so why worry about sending it across a border. Also I was saying there are two guys, right here on the Arborist Site ( Ken and Dennis ) that do excellent very pains taking work.

Originally posted by sawracr
Russ, I,am saying anyone can rough out a woods saw, so why worry about sending it across a border. Also I was saying there are two guys, right here on the Arborist Site ( Ken and Dennis ) that do excellent very pains taking work.

Jon, how would you suggest getting a saw to Dennis WITHOUT shipping it across the border to Canada?:confused:

Jon..I think I am misunderstanding what you are saying too...lol..But if I understand right...you and Gypo are shedding some light on the differences in building saws??? (ie:removal of head gasket as opposed to machining) ....by the way it will take you and your brother and Gypo to outdrink me next year;) (double shifting)

Brian,
People from this site occasionally go up and visit Dennis. Rotax Robert and RB have been there a couple of times. Sometimes Dennis drives down to visit Robert as well. Maybe you could send your saw to one of those guys and they could give it to Dennis when they see him. I'm not volunteering anyone, mind you, but the other alternative is you'll just have to wait and drag your arse up to Clearwater new year. A good excuse for sure. I suspect you could package up your powerhead and check it, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Doug...you can enter, of course...but I would recommend some practice over the next few months to get yourself in shape...(away from anything that you may hit your chin on)

As far as shipping across the border...its really not a big deal...just fill out the paperwork correctly....

Den,

If I can pick the poison, I'll bet the cost of it that I can come out on top. If you win, you'll have had some of the best Cognac money can buy. If you lose....well, maybe YOU'D better start practicing. I agree that you and I would be better off staying away from the water toys during this procedure...lol:dizzy:

There's only one way to beat Ole Ernie at a drinking contest.
If you insist that it's a BYOB, then Dennis will just die of thirst.
Gypo

Weeel, mebbe we shud pass the collection implement around for poor ole Dennis. Cant have th' poor boy losin' due to thirst.

and methinx doug's avatar would be the perfect collection receptacle....as she has ample storage space....

Gypo...maybe if you learned to type faster than 2.5 words per minute, you could come up with something better than 2 sentences per post...just a thought.....then you could make more than 3 posts in a given evening...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back