skidding logs with a tractor? or?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just feel like John Deere or Kubota, you are paying for the name. and if you want extras you have to pay for them, when Kioti and TYM come standard with extra rear remotes. plus the lift capacity is higher than the others. I would think they would have improved on quality in the last 20 yrs.
Certainly there's some paying for the name, however I have to agree with @Lionsfan I can get nearly every part for my old man's 74 L series from kubota, and any part i need for B series. Same can be said for deere, case etc. Not a knock on tym or kioti but they just arnt that good. (At least around here.) There's also the dealer trust thing, which I don't have much for most. Messicks is one of the better ones, and they are fairly close to me. I can't comment on the tym dealer. Kioti already proved plenty of times they ain't got what it takes. (Regonal issue hopefully.)
loader lift specs arnt everything and unless they are taking the ratings from the same spot. (Pin, however many inches in front of the pin, quick attach etc.) You can figure they will be close to the same. Look at break out force and tipping weight for a better comparison. (If either are given) in truth most loaders will lift about the same in any given size tractor, you're usually limited to the tires, not mechanically.
You got me on the rear remote, that should be a standard option on all tractors, however I'll point out that, thats fairly standard with other tractors too. The T4.75 new Holland we got, we had to option in the second and third rear remote. (I think we could get up to 4 rear remotes.) I can't remember exactly, but I think the case and deer we about the same.

Back