Some more projects!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bludenz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Recently acquired a Stihl MS192t, MS193t and a 200t, and a few bars.

Stihl MS193t:
Complete, starts, then dies. Confirmed airleak. Took it apart, took engine out and the engine pan was loose, not cracked. Tightened it up, put it back together and checked plan in the clutch side of the crank after tightening the bolts. Still has some up and down play (relative to the engine, not the saw), so suspected that it needs new seals and bearings. Intake book, impulse line look to be in good condition. Maybe the engine pan is cracked and I just didn't catch it... Saw however will start, run for a second and die. Same symptoms as my previous MS192t project that I posted about here.

Stihl MS192t:
Not complete, missing a few things, i.e cylinder. Piston and crank is in good condition and I have a cylinder that I can use. Will need to purchase an engine pan however. Missing carby to my knowledge. May only use this as a parts saw, not sure yet.

Stihl MS200t:
Looks to be mostly complete, has handles, carby, piston, housings, etc... however it is missing the cylinder. I suspect that the cylinder was beyond saving due to the condition of the piston. The piston has several "pits" in the top of the piston. ~1-2mm deep, and ~1mm wide little indents scattered across the surface of the piston. The side of the piston also has a large chunk taken out of it, lines up perfectly with the conrod when the piston is tilted so I suspect that this happened whilst it was apart/in storage. I'd love to get this saw together and running, bare minimum will need a piston and cylinder (+rings, pin, circlips, etc...) set. Can anyone recommend a good ebay piston and cylinder set? OEM is ridiculously expensive.

Looking for some advice regarding the 200t mainly, I'd also be happy to hear your opinions on the MS193t airleak. Could bearings cause this? It has definate play in the clutch side of the crank, you can wiggle it up and down with minimal force. I have not measured the play. I have also not done a pressure test, but I think it would most likely fail!

With the 200t, as above, can anyone recommend an affordable aftermarket 200t piston and cylinder set? Wouldn't wanna spend more than 60-70 usd on a piston/cylinder. I paid $170 usd (converted) for the 3 saws, 6 bars (2x20" stihl bars) and 4 chains in total (all brand new stihl chains), so mainly looking to get at least 1 saw running to make that money back so that I'm not loosing anything yet, :) Mainly just want to get it running, or is it better suited to part out and sell the parts on ebay/here?

WILL ATTACH PICTURES AS SOON AS I CAN!

Thanks in advance!

Back