Stihl 024AV Clutch/Oil Pump Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
going through an old 024AV, and doing seals. From what I have read this is the "old style" oil pump drive. Before getting it apart I ordered a new clutch drum as the spur drum that was on it is fairly worn. The replacement that came in has a deeper cup, and the notch for the newer plastic worm drive wire. Will this work in place of the older style drum without modifying the oil pump/pump drive?

IMG_7651.JPEG

Oil pump/drive

IMG_7695.JPG
IMG_7698.JPG
IMG_7697.JPG

Will this work in place of the older style drum without modifying the oil pump/pump drive?
I think it will rub on the case. Too thick. I have one that I ordered it before I knew there were two different ones and got the new version. I have access to a lathe at work, so I trimmed it the width of the old drum.

I think it will rub on the case. Too thick. I have one that I ordered it before I knew there were two different ones and got the new version. I have access to a lathe at work, so I trimmed it the width of the old drum.

Any idea what the part number is for the smaller version? Was trying not to open the incorrect one but can’t seem to find the smaller version.

Hadn’t thought about cutting it down. May just do that. I have several lathes at work

Latest posts

Back