Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is not sitting right, the lip should be even all the way around. try tapping gently all the way around kiddy corner with a something like a pin punch. Sometimes they get pinched or ripped in that case install a new one. Make sure it is sealed good or you will have an air leak.

I removed it, and ordered new seals. This is something I’m not comfortable with. I messed up my Cummins 12V with a front seal like this one. I need the right tool for the job, any recommendations?

Good news is, new used cylinder and piston are installed. It has plenty of compression, it pulls my arm back lol I’ll keep you guys posted!

Is the exhaust supposed to be like this? I feel like something is missing.

Attachments

• IMG_0949.jpeg
    IMG_0949.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
When you installed your seal did you use a sleeve (rolled a piece of pop can or plastic bottle) so you don't prolapse the inter lip on the seal (the spring side) when it goes over the crank? If you don't have a seal driver and use a deep socket... once you get the seal almost seated, you can use large washer to limit seal travel so it flush.

When you installed your seal did you use a sleeve (rolled a piece of pop can or plastic bottle) so you don't prolapse the inter lip on the seal (the spring side) when it goes over the crank? If you don't have a seal driver and use a deep socket... once you get the seal almost seated, you can use large washer to limit seal travel so it flush.
Yeah that what I did on the other side. On this side I was hurry and eager to get it done so I messed it up. Waiting for a new seal to come.

I removed it, and ordered new seals. This is something I’m not comfortable with. I messed up my Cummins 12V with a front seal like this one. I need the right tool for the job, any recommendations?
Take note or measure the depth before removing next time, usually flush works .

Latest posts

Back