Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pucture of whats not lining up!
y3ugane4.jpg

Wow This thread is inspirational to say the least , and a credit to you Dan, probably one of the very best Ive ever seen , not that Im anyone but good on you , If I canGET MINE HALF AS NICE Id br doing well , thankyou ;o))

I did have a little problem that someone might be able to help me with. I had a little trouble getting all the holes to line up when putting the case and the handle together. Eventually I got all the screws in but it looked a little twisted. When I put the top cover and air cleaner cover on they dont line up. So something is a little twisted. Anyone have any solutions? Let me know.

unscrew the wrap handle, remove it, and see if it springs back. I've found that the wrap handles being twisted cause that alignment problem. If that is the case, clamp the lower leg in a vise, twist, check fitment, twist, bend, check fit, etc etc until it lines up with no fuss. If the handle does not fit perfect, the AV mounts tend to be bound slightly and can/will transmit extra vibration to to the operator.

-AJ

unscrew the wrap handle, remove it, and see if it springs back. I've found that the wrap handles being twisted cause that alignment problem. If that is the case, clamp the lower leg in a vise, twist, check fitment, twist, bend, check fit, etc etc until it lines up with no fuss. If the handle does not fit perfect, the AV mounts tend to be bound slightly and can/will transmit extra vibration to to the operator.

-AJ
Thats a great guess as I recently came across the same problem on a saw

-AJ
Thanks buddy I was thinking something had to be binding up somewhere. Im thinking ill loosen the av screws while im at it. Hopefully that will straighten things out. Ill work on that tonight!

Ok everything is lined up straight now!
u2y5u3u5.jpg

Thanks to all that offered advice on what was causing this. I found it was a combination of the wrap handle and the av that mounts with the two screws. If you look in this picture it says it all!
eduru5aq.jpg

Needless to say I took the tank back off switched the av around and everything went together like a dream. My muffler back arrived today and matched up great with my dual port cover!
vurarety.jpg

Ya porting a saw urself is rewarding but having one with the Monkey touch is a different ballgame. U have peace of mind knowing it was in
good hands and done right!

I fired my second one up this evening, ran hot too very pleased , Jut need several parts , id like a full wrap handle some dogs air filter clutch side cover I recon Ill run 7 pin rim with 404 chain 28 or so inches got a third coming Thursday or Friday Ipick the best two and flash em up a bit one 404 chain one 3/8 the other I.ll tidy up and send to my olmate hes a worker could used a bloke saw instead of the little ems hes battleing with the one im to get soons a good go will be interesting to see it , Thanks for you r kind help Matt, and when I get more stuff from you there will be extra in the pay for the rings , thankyou mate ;o))

Back