Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok back to working on the saw! Replaced the leaking seal and tested again and still had a leak. Tracked it down to the spark plug. Tightened it up as much as I could and still leaked. Replaced it with another and all is good now. Did a pressure test again and here are my results.
ve4u8y8a.jpg
be9a8ary.jpg

Wow wait until tomorrow! Getting to trowel and mower ready!
Hahahaha rise the cream to the top then sit back and have a few beers. Make sure you post pics...watching concrete dry is my favorite!!!

There's just something about a nice clean rebuild...maybe the contrast of the aluminum with the new powder coat. It just looks damn sexy!

Ok things are going but a little slow! Family life and activities go before saw building! Sorry for the delays. Got everything moved out to the patio.
yrada4an.jpg

Got the foil on!
2any3uqy.jpg

Here's the new tank with the Madsens wrap handle ready to meet up with the case!
ha3egu5u.jpg

Ok back to working on the saw! Replaced the leaking seal and tested again and still had a leak. Tracked it down to the spark plug. Tightened it up as much as I could and still leaked. Replaced it with another and all is good now. Did a pressure test again and here are my results.
ve4u8y8a.jpg
be9a8ary.jpg
I had a 034 do that. It drove me crazy til I put a little air in it and found the plug gasket leaking. :)

Well, all those parts are clean enough to eat on, soooooo it should be okay to assemble on the kitchen table, right? Tell your wife I said it was okay, lol. Really enjoying the build.

Latest posts

Back