Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the saw tuned! Waiting till I get back in town and will get it into some wood! Im thinking about carbs now. What would be the best carb on a ported 064? On it now is a Walbro WJ6B. Anyone have any suggestions? Let me know.

Finally got the saw tuned! Waiting till I get back in town and will get it into some wood! Im thinking about carbs now. What would be the best carb on a ported 064? On it now is a Walbro WJ6B. Anyone have any suggestions? Let me know.
A quote from Randy about my saw...

"That 064 is fast. Really fast. It might end up needing a different carb......but we have it running very well. It's holding close to 12,000 in the cut.... Just see what you think of it. It may be just fine. If it gives trouble just find a WJ69 for it."

Damn...I can't see the link mike. I assume you pulled it from media cat? I just checked quick off another program I have...ari partsmart...it's faster but not always correct. What does it show for the 67?

What year is that ipl mike...the latest and greatest wj69 will actually be a wj69c and should come with a .62

If it's only the jet, why not just replace it? On the other hand, I've never seen an 066/660 carb not able to fuel the saw. I'm just curious what I'm missing here. Maybe I need a new carb for my 064/066 and just don't know it yet. I'm here to learn.

The carb that is on it is acting a little wonky.......but is better than it was after a rebuild. If the carb doesn't act right for Mike, the WJ-69 is easy to find, and a direct swap.

Ok the 064 finally met some wood today! Got home from camp late this afternoon. Sawmikaze stopped over to check out my 064 as he anxiously awaits the arrival of his! Here is a cookie that I measured. This was the largest peiceof Red Oak I have that didnt get split yet. Bigger wood will be coming. Videos coming up next!
ta3ypasy.jpg

Back