Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see a full resto getting used! Sounds nice and angry. Must be looking fwd to getting it broken in.

My 064 has about 10 tanks through it after the rebuild and has perked up nicely.

Great to see a full resto getting used! Sounds nice and angry. Must be looking fwd to getting it broken in.

My 064 has about 10 tanks through it after the rebuild and has perked up nicely.
I am looking forward! Will be taking down five pines on Saturday and have a bunch more Red Oak to cut up. In about three weeks it's getting ported!

Sounds like it's already had a bit of work done to it, ha ha. Has a really nice ping. What comp are you currently getting?

After watching the videos, I doubt you need a different carb. Ran real strong.

Dan you need to find me a brake handle that works with this wrap handle that clint is sending me :).. apparently i need it
Going to be hard to find Ryan! I believe the part number is 1122 792 9105. I know I have heard the 660 brake handle will work with a spacer. Havent actually seen one though. I know I talked with someone that had one but had some damage to it. Ill see if I can find that conversation.

Ok I got some new valves for my compression tester. Put the new ones in and attempted to find out what she's got! Hook it up and pull 8-10 times then look at the guage and watch the needle drop down past 125 and keep going! Whats going on here? Grab some soap spray do it again and I see bubbles for where the guage meets the next part. You will see the teflon tape in that area. Try again and here's what I got!
jemyduvy.jpg

I have a feeling it's higher than that and the gauge is lying. Borrow one from work and give it a second opinion.

Back