Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did put the base gasket in so my squish should be somewhere around .038? I figured ill let Randy take care of that part when he gets it. I dont even have a tank through it yet so I was happy to see it at 150. The way it sounds and ran I thougjt it might be higher.

look up webber customs chainsaw handle bars.....................i never figured out how to do a link.
i am gonna have one of these handles though. i don't know if you need a different brake handle.

Heres one. I hope you dont need the 9105 brake handle! From the angle it looks like it will work like the Madsens and the 9100 brake handle. I had a full wrap on the saw when I got it but love the Madsens 3/4 wrap!
emu9epuz.jpg

i'll probly put one on the 660, it has a factory 3/4 on it now. it looks like the webber is a lil farther forward, witch is good for long bars.
i may just leave this 064 as a half wrap............we will see.

I actually like the factory 3/4 wrap, but I just found out it takes a brake handle that's impossible to find? Did they really need to make two different brake handles? :rolleyes:

I know really? I have heard that the 660 brake handle will work but you need to use a spacer where it mounts on the recoil side. I also know a member here that has a 9105 handle for sale but it has a damaged part where it looks like it was cut with a chain but not all the way through.

...the chain brake handles [are different]. The 064 starter has a much narrower profile and the brake handle reflects this.
What if you were to use an 066 recoil and brake handle? Maybe it would look too bulky for a saw as sexy as an 064? I'm not saying I would do it, but maybe it's an option for some people?

LOL, you guys..............i agree it may look a little big on an 064, however if was going to fall with it everyday it would get a wrap of some type. i realize you guys aren't fallers. for general fire wood duty and occasional falling, i spose it don't matter.

would a factory 660 3/4 wrap work with the standard brake handle?

Back