Stihl MS 362 vs MS 391

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all who replied with info. Today I ordered an MS 441 R C-M. It will be here tomorrow afternoon. If it is as good as my 026 I will be a happy camper.

Well I picked up my saw today. I arrived just after the UPS truck so it was still in the box. I watched as they assembled it and tested it. It started on the third pull. This is the second saw of this model in our area. The city owns the other one. After I got it home I tried starting it and it started easy on first pull. Tomorrow it will get a bit dirty.

IMG_0727_zps25fa474e.jpg

IMG_0728_zps257d013d.jpg

Great choice. If you're not used to cutting with a longer bar, be vigilant where that tip goes, especially where bucking bigger wood blocks your view of where the tip might be headed.

The 441 MTronics are great. I love mine. I have a 362 also and it runs a 20" bar great, I am sure it would do ok with a 25" but the 441 plays with a 25" and a 20" would be scary fast. I keep a 28" on my 441 and it does great buried in oak. Easy to start, smooth to run and easy on fuel

Steve

Great choice. If you're not used to cutting with a longer bar, be vigilant where that tip goes, especially where bucking bigger wood blocks your view of where the tip might be headed.

Thanks. That is a good tip. I always keep my eye on the tip and the kerf when cutting.

Back