STIHL MS 400.1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much new about the Ms400.1, it's s mainly marketing speel. Its a completely new ground up redesign.
They claim when people run it they think it feels like a fuel injected saw due to the reduced rotating mass.
Another feature is an improved rear handle design they claim gives better feel and control.

Most of the video was talking about the hexa chain.

The current 400 is a great saw. I've owned a lot of 60 ish cc saws over the years, own and ran a lot of 70cc saws and it's about as good as it gets in its class. Id never think I'd like a saw better then my old 562xp husqy but I'd take another 400 over a 562 if you were giving either one to me. Stihl really did a good job with it. It's arguably my most used saw unless I need the 36" bar. Had zero issues with it in the 3 odd years I've had it. (Got it spring of 21) starts right up, hot, cold rain, snow. My only complaint with it is the lack of a primer/purge bulb. If you run it out of fuel it can be quite cantankerous to get running again without a true choke and no purge bulb. It will let you know when it's close to out of fuel though.
I’m absolutely in love with the saw it’s an absolute beast! Thanks again for the recommendation!

Latest posts

Back