Stihl mystery saw ID. 1122 and 1128 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an 066 as currently 4 sale on Ebay. If I knew it didn't have a spun bearing, hole in tank, and both cases were good I would make somebody pay for it. I have the parts to fix on hand. It may have an 046 clutch on it and they will work with the 046 drum but will ruin the chain brake band. I have seen it tried. a lot of ifs on those old saws as cases are very impossible to find. I converted several with and aftermarket case but value went way down.

The picture shows the M6 mounting holes for the cylinder which are 066. Also the threads don't look very good which is another red flag.

That could very easy be a paper weight as it shows some doctoring in the picture. I like to buy them in their work clothes.

Picture shows doctoring and spun bearing? How do I see that? Help educate me please 🙏
Putting an aftermarket coil on and wrong clutch. I have had three working redeye saws through the years and here is a picture of one I just took. In order for the redeye to work it has to have a coil just for that with the extra connections. A working redeye coil is very rare as I have one left and to sorry to dig out to get a picture, but it looks way different than what the current saw has on. Read closely nothing about a spun bearing, but if it has one it will need a case. You will be taking a chance if you buy. I have gambled a lot on old saws and some you win and some you lose. The saw needs a lot of hard-to-find parts if you want a true working redeye. Running these redeyes in the dark are pretty cool watching the eye blink as you pull the trigger.

Here are a few of many 064, 066, MS660 saws I have had (probably at least 50) as I know every flywheel combo, coil and rebuilding in my sleep.

Here is the saw an I am currently the high bidder and hope I get outbid for a lot for the sellers plus.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/356158217242

AaBjsYT.jpg

1729185940393.jpeg

Back