Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark is that an electronic or points ign saw? I do know that an electronic ignition coil from a Homelite SXL will bolt right onto an electronic ign Farmsaw and work fine. Dunno if there were ever points ign Farmsaws. If there were, I'll bet an SXL/XL12 points coil would work on those so long as it's no the EARLY XL12 coil....

Now there's something I didn't know. I'm sending him a coil anyway. No such thing as a points farmsaw, they is all electronic.

You can still buy these coils new, but a homie coil would be a better idea cause the pioneer ones are trouble prone.

I normally try to find the point type XL12s because those coils were deemed "trouble prone" as well. That and I like points. :)

Thanks for all the help on the coil fellas...

On a side note... does anyone know much about stihl TS350's? I bought a new cutting arm assembly for one that I've got in the shop. They're bothTS350 supers. But one has both bar stud holes. And the other only has one...it must have had a snubby bar stud or something. Anyone know?

p50 pioneer

I have a great running saw great p&c great compression full warp handle org 24inch bar good chain
runs strong 82cc 606-878-6285 ben
120$

Still On the hunt for a stihl 056 magII clutch side bearing. I'll cough up whatever I need too...

9523 003 4460

Now there's something I didn't know. I'm sending him a coil anyway. No such thing as a points farmsaw, they is all electronic.

You can still buy these coils new, but a homie coil would be a better idea cause the pioneer ones are trouble prone.

That Aaron be a smart boy for someone who don't like rhubarb. :ices_rofl:

I normally try to find the point type XL12s because those coils were deemed "trouble prone" as well. That and I like points. :)

Yep. The blue electronic ignition SXL coils are just as trouble prone as the Farmsaw coils.........because I believe they are exactly the same part (sourced from the same manufacturer). Dook T and I checked them out about a year ago. They have the same markings, and are identical down the the shape of the laminations. The spark plug lead may be a different length, but that's it. The grey/black LATE production SXL electronic ign coils seem to be a bit more reliable. Not sure if they really are though. Aftermarket electronic ign coils are available for these saws for about $60. Ouch.

I can't take credit for figuring this one out. Somebody told the Dook that this swap would work, and Chris asked me to send him a blue coil from a parts SXL to compare against the Farmsaw ignition and try it out on his Pioneer. Worked like a charm...:msp_thumbup:

The blue coils on Homelite Super E-Z saws crap out too. I'm not sure if the coils can be swapped from the SXL laminations onto the S E-Z laminations (and/or the other way around).

i am rebuilding a 266xp,, was wondering if anyone had a couple of items,,,,, the on/off switch and also need 2 muffler bolts and nuts,,, i have some parts and worthless green paper,

I have a 32" bar and 10 used chains to go with it. They have at least 1/2 life left. One is semi chisel with safety bumper. All are Stihl. Looking for cash, a spinner/ breaker, climbing ropes or something that uses chains.

asset.php

asset.php

Yep. The blue electronic ignition SXL coils are just as trouble prone as the Farmsaw coils.........because I believe they are exactly the same part (sourced from the same manufacturer). Dook T and I checked them out about a year ago. They have the same markings, and are identical down the the shape of the laminations. The spark plug lead may be a different length, but that's it. The grey/black LATE production SXL electronic ign coils seem to be a bit more reliable. Not sure if they really are though. Aftermarket electronic ign coils are available for these saws for about $60. Ouch.

I can't take credit for figuring this one out. Somebody told the Dook that this swap would work, and Chris asked me to send him a blue coil from a parts SXL to compare against the Farmsaw ignition and try it out on his Pioneer. Worked like a charm...:msp_thumbup:

The blue coils on Homelite Super E-Z saws crap out too. I'm not sure if the coils can be swapped from the SXL laminations onto the S E-Z laminations (and/or the other way around).

We have went so far as too swap out the crankshaft to get away from the blue coils. I think the EZ coils are smaller......

poulan 2000

hello looking for a new or very good used clutch for a poulan 2000/180/235/craftsman 2,3 poulan 1800 can trade all sorts of poulan parts some homelite parts or as always just $$$$$ pm me thanks....

Now I need a good top end for a TS350 super...an O8S would work too....i think

If anyone can help out here I am paying the bill or trading something for it! I thought that thing had a good top end,but it sure don't!!! I sure feel bad about it!! Anyone can help please let me know! :help:

Found one!!!!

Last edited:
Looking for a bar/chain for my dolmar 7900 somewhere between 34(ish)-42 inch and maybe a couple chains. In trade i have a 028 ( runs and cuts) ,homelite 350-360 parts,homelite 150 parts, or pictures of former presidents on green paper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Looking for a bar/chain for my dolmar 7900 somewhere between 34(ish)-42 inch and maybe a couple chains. In trade i have a 028 ( runs and cuts) ,homelite 350-360 parts,homelite 150 parts, or pictures of former presidents on green paper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Just be for-warned... The Dolmar's oiler start getting a bit weak with anything over a 28" bar...MOST will say 32" is the max. Not to bust-stones.... BUT, I'd say anything over a 36" bar on a 80cc saw is kinda pushin' it. Although, running skip chain, with moderate rakers, of course. :)

With that being said, if it makes sense, I have a nice 36" Power match available :)

They indeed do work out just fine, although it doesn't take much for the blue coils to poop out on you.

I sold a SuperXL with a blue coil on it, dang thing ran great, got a call from the buyer after a week or two, no spark. I walked him through all the kill switch wire checks, air gap checks and everything.....No dice. What a crappy ignition, for sure. Prestolite dropped the ball on those ones right there.

Back