Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it. The P40 was a points saw. Maybe if you used the flywheel also and an electronic trigger. I honestly don't know though.
The P42 top is the same as 405.

Looking for the following bucking spikes

2 Homelite XL-12 or SXL
1 Homelite XL903 (XL700-900 series will work)
1 McCulloch SP125
1 McCulloch 1-50

Looking for the following parts

SDC 18/19/20 carb for McCulloch SP125
Piston for Homelite 1020

PM me with what you have and want you need.

I doubt it. The P40 was a points saw. Maybe if you used the flywheel also and an electronic trigger. I honestly don't know though.
The P42 top is the same as 405.

Early P-40 had a different style recoil too. All sorts of issues there.

The used oem 346 top end kit offered in trades is spoke for.

Still needing echo 6700 670 clutch cover and brake handle.

I have a clutch cover, brake handle was backordered form baileys for the last 3 months so I gave up and ordered a different set.
I'll send pics if you're interested. Trade value,one of any of these: bar nut for a shinny 360/ useable 272 muffler/ useable green weenie air filter. If you don't have any of those price of shipping would do.

Last edited:
I listed several small to medium size older saws for parts or project in the classifieds about 10 or so days ago. They are inexpensive or up for trade for something I more likely would use like good bars,chain sprocket or other parts I tend to need more frequently for Stihl.

Couldn't it be handled in the Trading Post? Or maybe there's something lacking there? Or maybe a For Trade Only section?

Anyone feeling charitable?

The Iowa GTG will be racing to see how long it takes us to rebuild a ms390 with a new engine from Bailey's. Greg from Bailey's is going to be pitting all the GTG's against eachother to see who can do it the fastest and the Iowa GTG will the the Pilot group! Bailey's is donating the rebuild supplys and I'm donating the ms290 carcass...

After the P&C swap is complete the saw will be raffeled for charity. I was hoping to find a good/new 20in (ish) B&C for the rebuilt saw so the new owner will be getting a saw ready to run. I'm also needing a good clutch drum. The star drive drum I have is toast.

Hoping someone has a nice B&C and clutch drum we can put with the saw for the charity raffel... let me know through a PM!

Last edited:
The Iowa GTG will be racing to see how long it takes us to rebuild a ms390 with a new engine from Bailey's. Greg from Bailey's is going to be pitting all the GTG's against eachother to see who can do it the fastest and the Iowa GTG will the the Pilot group! Bailey's is donating the rebuild supplys and I'm donating the ms290 carcass...

After the P&C swap is complete the saw will be raffeled for charity. I was hoping to find a good/new 20in (ish) B&C for the rebuilt saw so the new owner will be getting a saw ready to run. I'm also needing a good clutch drum. The star drive drum I have is toast.

Hoping someone has a nice B&C and clutch drum we can put with the saw for the charity raffel... let me know through a PM!

Sounds like fun! I don't have a single stihl anything though...what is the charity going to be for?

Back