Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a good piston with rings? I'm not sure, yet, if I'll need the cylinder. The PO started it using starting fluid, and fubared the piston.:mad: I'll also need the top cover.......

Top cover as in air filter cover? I have one. I think I have a good piston/cylinder. No rings, but you can get them from Hastings. I think Carl (started the other vintage swap) knows the # for the rings. I'll check in a few hours. PM me if I forget. ;)

The P/C are both bad. I have everything else for it except the starter. I you want the top/filter cover or anything else, pm me your address.

Looking for a few things.....

Looking for one or two 281 or 288 clutch covers with chain brakes. I need the late style with the plastic flag. Even complete covers without the flag would be ok.

I need a nice 257 Husky top shroud as well.....Could use another 044 tank too, but that's probably dreaming. :msp_rolleyes:

Looking for one or two 281 or 288 clutch covers with chain brakes.

Well shucks, I have a 288 clutch cover with the complete chain brake in it, but it's for a metal flag edition.

I wish i could just find and 288 metal flag and I'd put it on my 288.

Homelite 150

I'm in need of the outer shell for a Homelite 150. Left side is the one that's needed the most. thanks in advance

Well shucks, I have a 288 clutch cover with the complete chain brake in it, but it's for a metal flag edition.

I wish i could just find and 288 metal flag and I'd put it on my 288.

Justin,

Are you saying you need a metal flag for your brake cover?? ;)

I'm in need of the outer shell for a Homelite 150. Left side is the one that's needed the most. thanks in advance

I have 2 Homie 150's your welcome to what you need...one in BLUE, and one in RED... I'll PM ya for an address :)

Any one need a 372 cylinder, it has some aluminum transfer but it will clean up. I have been hoarding it for a while and cant find a saw to put it on. I am looking for a 460 cylinder along with 066 parts

So I sent my recent purchase of a HD Makita rental down to MasterMoobs, and as he tore it apart he found this....

Dooks6401002.jpg

Dooks6401003.jpg

Being that there is no suitable aftermarket replacement piston for the job I am in search of a either a good OEM piston, or a good 7900 top end, OEM much preferred, but any high quality AM kits will be suitable.

Either way we chop it up I am willing to trade filthy green paper and possibly a splash or 2 of cold day old coffee.....

Feel free to drop me a PM

Thanks!

So I sent my recent purchase of a HD Makita rental down to MasterMoobs, and as he tore it apart he found this....

Dooks6401002.jpg

Dooks6401003.jpg

Being that there is no suitable aftermarket replacement piston for the job I am in search of a either a good OEM piston, or a good 7900 top end, OEM much preferred, but any high quality AM kits will be suitable.

Either way we chop it up I am willing to trade filthy green paper and possibly a splash or 2 of cold day old coffee.....

Thanks!

Oh, and by the way Randy, is that a nice manicure I see?

Chris

Dooks6401002.jpg

Dooks6401003.jpg

Thanks!

I can send my take 6400 top end to Randy, if that helps. I replaced it with a 7900 p/c.

I can send my take 6400 top end to Randy, if that helps. I replaced it with a 7900 p/c.

That would help. I have an 6400 top end that I pulled off another saw that's not really good either so......... :)

I need an FS-55 cylinder. Yeah I know......it's a weedwacker. :laugh:

I have been looking for one myself Nathan,I gave up and ordered a new one.

I actually have a older pro set on it right now but happened to have a really really nice spare AF cover... Figured I would eventually find a nice one to match and could rid myself of the old set to someone who wanted a cheap set for a rebuilder... I would be willing to trade someone the complete older set I have for just the nice cylinder cover...???

Honestly if I was going to spend $50 on a new one... I would probably rather spend it on a new ms360 style set with a new AF off "the bay"... I suppose I could always ebay-hock my spare 034/036 parts and buy a new one I guess. I'd rather the parts go to guys on here though. Anyone need the following?

034-036 parts:
crank case w/ crank
flywheel x2
carb studs
tank vent
set of well used covers
recoil
etc...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back