Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i need an intake boot for an 038
chain brake handle for a ms460
metal clamp for my husky 350

i need an intake boot for an 038 (THIS HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF)

Still Need:

Last edited:
I'll look tonight, I parted a couple out that were good. Just got tired of messin' with their junk carbs.Run Echo and shinnies now.

Need any other parts for it?

Fs45 the same?

There the same.
I'm waiting for one of the boys to show up to climb up in the loft where the parts boxes are.

SCOOT--

might your comment about the JUNK CARBS be leading towards the SAME reason I couldn't get the FS-45 I had here two weeks ago to run right @ part throttle?? Almost like the mid-range circuit is too small??? :dizzy:

It would idle fine, and run over 50% throttle fine, all the way to WOT, but trying to edge the lawn with it, it would run decent @ part throttle for maybe 5-10 seconds, and then stall out....

UGH, what a pain.

J

SCOOT--

might your comment about the JUNK CARBS be leading towards the SAME reason I couldn't get the FS-45 I had here two weeks ago to run right @ part throttle?? Almost like the mid-range circuit is too small??? :dizzy:

It would idle fine, and run over 50% throttle fine, all the way to WOT, but trying to edge the lawn with it, it would run decent @ part throttle for maybe 5-10 seconds, and then stall out....

UGH, what a pain.

J

Did you ever get your coil? I'm assuming you did.

i need an intake boot for an 038 (THIS HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF)

Still Need:

IF the person sending along the 038 intake boot has a clamp, that would work perfect... IF not..

I'll add one to your box this weekend...

:cheers:
J

SCOOT--

UGH, what a pain.

J

I had a carb issue with an fs45. Local dealer sold me a carb off a different model, said it was the first thing he did when one came in with a carb problem. I will try to remember to get the number, this evening. Hi/Lo adjustable and haven't had a problem since.

I had a carb issue with an fs45. Local dealer sold me a carb off a different model, said it was the first thing he did when one came in with a carb problem. I will try to remember to get the number, this evening. Hi/Lo adjustable and haven't had a problem since.

Carbs are cheap for those........it's always the carb or the coil when they act up. The coil should be a warranty deal......

Carbs are cheap for those........it's always the carb or the coil when they act up. The coil should be a warranty deal......

Yep, we keep FS-55 carbs in stock and use them on whatever they'll bolt up to. Same on BG-55's. We use 85 carbs on all of the blowers, which gives them more zip as well. For less than $30, it really isn't worth arguing with.

I have these various parts laying in a box. If you have a need for one let me know. I don't really like hoarding parts. Also not pictured is a fs75 engine cover. PM if you need more details.

I am looking for a muffler box style to put on my C-5 to get rid of the stack muffler on it now.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

erezajyj.jpg

Here is picture

Couple of handles as well. BOTH ARE GONE
usy4u8ur.jpg

Last edited:
SCOOT--

UGH, what a pain.

J
The carbs are okay till they get a little gummed up. That plastic block on one side has a bunch of these little micro valves that get stuck.Carb cleaner destroys them along with a little too much compressed air.

I've tried everything including multiple baths in the ultrasonic.

Had 2 FS55's stored one with fuel, the other run dry. Next season both carbs a mess again.
Just replace the carb, their pretty cheap.Then sell em' and get an echo.

I now have 3 Echos, 2-SRM230's and an SRM400. Open the mufflers and they rock.
Also an older Shindaiwa that has alos been trouble free.

OH Yeah, I don't need or want no Bow Saw!! Ya' bunch of troublemakers !!

Im looking for a few parts for a Pro Mac 1000 ( P100).
Rear handle and front handle.
Recoil.
And whatever else you may have for this saw. Could use extras.
Got lots to trade of every color.

That reminds me, i owe somebody here a PM 850. Raise your hand please.:help:

Im looking for a few parts for a Pro Mac 1000 ( P100).
Rear handle and front handle.
Recoil.
And whatever else you may have for this saw. Could use extras.
Got lots to trade of every color.

That reminds me, i owe somebody here a PM 850. Raise your hand please.:help:

You don't owe me a PM 850, but I do have two NOS sets of air filters for a Pro Mac 1000 that you can have...

T- this one has H & L adjustments... It's having a lean mid-range condition :dizzy:

Hi Randy :D (you copyright that name of yours?? LOL!! ) anywho, this unit lost spark... It's a 2008 model, and the dealer told my buddy that it was covered for 3 years, or? so....

With SOME equipment, when the owner has $50 into a coil, $10 into a carb kit, and traded stuff to cover labor, any MORE $$ starts to make it cost-prohibitive to fix. :cry:

The carbs are okay till they get a little gummed up. That plastic block on one side has a bunch of these little micro valves that get stuck.Carb cleaner destroys them along with a little too much compressed air.

I've tried everything including multiple baths in the ultrasonic.

Had 2 FS55's stored one with fuel, the other run dry. Next season both carbs a mess again.
Just replace the carb, their pretty cheap.Then sell em' and get an echo.

I now have 3 Echos, 2-SRM230's and an SRM400. Open the mufflers and they rock.
Also an older Shindaiwa that has alos been trouble free.

in regards to a SOLVENT... is brake clean a less-harmful(read: caustic) option, like I think it is??

As I mentioned, the carb seems good @ idle, AND WOT... but half throttle, she eventually runs lean. Shooting cleaner through it, It produces clean even streams out of all the ports.. :dizzy:

BACK on topic.... ;)

I have some spare 036 pro parts (tank, recoil, cyl, muffler, carb, etc)

I'm needing a 066/660 brake handle and a 044 tank :dizzy:

AND a 61, 266, etc ignition pick-up :)

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back