Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a carb boot for an 026. I need two actually. Dealer wants almost $50 with tax. EACH.

Do they make aftermarket or has anyone got a suggestion?

I don't have any cabbage, sorry.

Stihl MS290

I just picked up this basket case. It looks like it's only missing the muffler, a bar nut, the clutch c-clip, and I don't see anything else missing. Here's the story I got. It was low on power so the guys son(automotive mechanic) took the cylinder off and put in a new piston and rings. I guess he never got back to finishing it up. The old piston looked good(no scoring) except for the ding on the top edge where he probably used a screwdriver to get the flywheel or clutch off. The cylinder will need to be taken off to see what the guy did in there of course. There's also an unopened oem stihl carb kit for the saw.
I've got some more stihl stuff to trade depending on the deal.
2011january-1.jpg

These are a few things on my wish.
A couple loops of 404 .058 chain
Pioneer P50/P60 parts or parts saw
A good 038 crankcase not stripped down
P.m. me
Thanks Kevin

Ready for work, just needs a new owner! Selling it for a buddy or I will trade for saw stuff and pay my buddy off for the saw myself.

025fr.jpg

026ad.jpg

027az.jpg

028dd.jpg

029ex.jpg

what you looking for bud i got a 3800 parts saw i can trade and a craftsman 16/36cc that has everything exsept the pull rope and chain it's got the bar but no chain

I need a carb boot for an 026. I need two actually. Dealer wants almost $50 with tax. EACH.

Do they make aftermarket or has anyone got a suggestion?

I don't have any cabbage, sorry.

If a 024 one is the same, I have one, maybe two if I dig.
This is an older 024 saw not a super.
Maybe someone can chime in.
It's yours if it will fit.
I dont like cabbage!!

anyone have a husky 371 or 372xp saw that has a stock cylinder with modded muffler that they would let me borrow for a GTG so i can send it to tlandrum2002 and have some free port work done and then returned to you.but it can't have no bigbore kits it's has to be stock any help would be really greatfully

Last edited:
anyone have a husky 371 or 372xp saw that has a stock cylinder with modded muffler that they would let me borrow for a GTG so i can send it to tlandrum2002 and have some free port work done and then returned to you.but it can't have no bigbore kits it's has to be stock any help would be really greatfully

Uhh... good luck with that. :dizzy:

come on arrow i know you have to have one just setting there wanting to be ran LOL. i just want to barrow it for about a day and send it back to you shipping paid both ways it will have 93 hitest and full sentect ran in it and free port job done and i want be doning the port job someone with alot more skill will be doing it to the saw

Last edited:
Ok I'm sorry I can't help you with the air filters. However, the air filters for the compensating carb are the wide pro air filters so you'll never be able to put them on it with the tall tank vent. So you'll have to swap the tank or remove the compensator tube to get an air filter to work on that saw. Also, the air filter covers are different between the pro filter and non pro filter. So I guess it comes down to what you have for air filter covers etc. in order to determine the cheapest route to go.

This is the compensator/pro air filter Link

This is what I assume your speaking of when you say tall tank vent Link

So the tall vent was never used with the compensating carb?

Hey Guys,

I'm needing the black top of the handle for a Stihl 020AV.
The part number is 1114 791 0600.
I got a lot of junk or very few $$ to trade!LOL

Mike

I need a good used coil for the 7900, same in the 6400 and the Makita 6401, also the same in the cut off saws, let me know. [email protected] thanks Dave.

a coil from a 55 will work. it WON'T be limited!!!!! there are some simple directions for installation in a post here. I think a search for the user Ecopsey will give you what you need to know.

Last edited:
Im in need of a flywheel for a 395xp. I dont have many parts, but I do have cabbage.

Only parts I have that might benefit anyone is a rev limited coil off a 372 (13,300rpm), and a 372 muffler. Both the coil and the muffler have about 1 hour of run time on them. I hate to drop 160.00 for a new flywheel :cry:.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back