Technical questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jokers said:
OK boys, put on some bigger panties(`cause some of your`s are obviously too tight) .

Russ

Ha, I was going to say "Why don't some of you whiners grow a set" but I see you covered it, so no need to repeat it ;)

can't win

eric_271 said:
belgian? 046? Come on you studs, what do you say? :p

Allright, Allright.

I can see Simonized obviously stepped on some sensitive toes, here. First, the guy is not a relative of mine (not that I know off at least), nor do I know him. Also, Joker is mixing several threads here.

I do not read all threads, and my opinion/comments were based on this thread only.

If you read his first post in THIS thread, nobody can honoustly blame him to be "sharp" or "Mr know all". I liked his technical input. That's why I did not agree with some statements around here. If that makes me an idiot, so be it.

Furthermore, I have mentioned that Simonized should stick by the AS rules. Period. If he's a pro and grown up fella, he will gladly live with that. Baling out like he did is not a good reaction.

Now, to be honoust, If I were new to this forum, I would not start a thread like 'simonized vs walkerised', because then you are taking an enormous risk, with all the pro's being around here. The guy better is going to be indeed as good as he says he is, otherwise he's going to crash and burn. I'm not a racer, but if I were, I would really love to take that challenge and become the new AS local heroe.
My advice : don't spent to much words on it any longer :put him to the test ! :blob5:

I rest my case. :cry:

all my comments were based off this thread only! was not aware he was plainly stepping over the line on other threads.

to see why I felt this way, all you gotta do is go back and read this entire thread to see the hazing.

after reading Jokers post, totally understand why somone would take another view.

yes it's time to lay it to rest

All I seen was tech advise from Simon and he wasn't able to answer my question that I asked, so I cant say one way or the other, but if you want this thread to die, and Simon to disappear why did Trimmmed feel the need to drag that file back up to the top with it closed? Seems like a mod is stirring it a bit also.

I agree with Trimmed, this was a bit too much and needed to be removed.
This is not a big deal, I do not think that is why he is not posting, it got to personal for a bit there.
I am sure this can be resolved pretty easy.

Fish said:
I am worried about Stihltech though, he really is a good guy, and has been
very helpful with many, many people. And he came through my brutal
hazing with flying colors.

Way ahead of you on that Russ. It would be a shame to lose someone like
Stihltech over this. These guys on this forum gush and brown-nose over anyone that comes on the scene claiming to be an expert or comparable
deity. Heck, you gushed so much over the Oregon engineer, you failed to
remind him his INTENZ bar sucked.
I admit, when Stihltech came to the forum, and you immediately
started worshiping him, I was jealous. But he has hung around through thick
and thin, proven himselve to be a true expert, and worthy of our praise,
until now. I was hoping that he was joking about leaving, but I am afraid
not.

OK, I did not receive a warning regarding my Walkerized post, (or I was too thick to locate it). Since I know John and Donny personally, (as in having beers with), I thought this would evoke some fun. I did not anticipate the animosity and acrimony that would follow. Is everyone running that tight to the line financially? As with evolution, competition is the fuel that drives excellence, friendly competition is the most important tool we have to produce amazing machines. I apologize if anyones feelings were hurt. If I do continue to post on this forum, it will be with much trepidation. Cheers, Simon.

TreeCo said:
Simonized may know his stuff but his business ethics leave a lot to be desired. He came here seeking clients, was pointed to the advertising rules and then left in a huff.

He's not the type I'd trust sending a saw to in the mail.

Dan
Actually Dan, I normally send the saw and trust the person to pay me after a week of use. I will not be sending saws to anyone on this board as this is clearly a severe breach of protocol. Cheers.

Simon,

I`m glad to see that you have posted here atleast a couple of more times, I`d like to see you be a regular.

FWIW, I hope that you can read my posts regarding you in the context that they are intended. I am simply trying to show support for trimmed, whom I think acted according to forum rules and then was being admonished by a few who haven`t walked in his shoes, and even for all of the site sponsors, atleast one of which I could do without, but he did pay his money which enables us to enjoy this forum.

Everyone here should know who you are by now. If they choose to contact you via means other than this forum, who could have an issue with that? Definitely do not use the PM system for any transactions, this is simply friendly advice that should be taken to heart.

Russ

ok, i have been reading this thread all along and stayed out of it, but wish to put my 2 cents in at this time. the quote below says it all....everyone on the site knows who he is and how to get in touch with him....IMO, the point is he got all that publicity and advertisement for free while the site sponsors pay $$$$ for their publicity and advertisement.

jokers said:
Everyone here should know who you are by now. If they choose to contact you via means other than this forum, who could have an issue with that?
Russ

no, i am not a chainsaw pro, just a homeownner who cuts alot clearing out my property, if anyone wants to bash my opinion, feel free......i just feel that what is right, is right.

SIMON, i have nothing against you at all, but i feel you gotta play by the rules when on this site....or PAY for the priveliges.
i enjoy this site and have learned some good info here, i wanna see it back to the way it was with everyone being friends.

VMan, in no way am I advocating anyone coming into the forum and deceitfully garnering publicity for their personal financial gain. That should be obvious. I feel that I simply stated the obvious, that everyone does now know of Simon, and since AS isn`t the center of the universe nor grand imperial poohbah, he and everyone else are free to do what they please as long as it doesn`t exploit ArboristSite`s resources.

I have been aware of Simon`s claimed and purported ability for six months or more now and I`ve had his phone # the whole time. Can I not call him if I so desire, because he has been put on notice about soliciting business here without sponsoring the forum? Of course I can call him.

Maybe we all got off on the wrong foot here. At any rate, I feel that my previous last post reminded Simon not to perpetuate his unsponsored use of this advertising medium. What else short of banning him can be done? Make him sit in the corner and endlessly repeat " I will not abuse my priviledges at AS"? I do think that he should rethink his position and apologize to trimmed for inferring that he is a ****.

Has this thread been beat to death yet?

Russ

jokers ....i am not saying that u were advocating for anyone at all, and yes, you can call him and deal with him.......the point i was making that people who did not know of him, now do, at the expense of paying sponsors....i only quoted your post cause it summed it all up, IMO. please don't take my post the wrong way, it was nothing against you at all....if i wrote it in such a way that it seems it is against you, i apologize.

Mike Maas....i am nothing more than a fair honest person (at least i try to be:))

Vman said:
jokers ....i am not saying that u were advocating for anyone at all, and yes, you can call him and deal with him.......the point i was making that people who did not know of him, now do, at the expense of paying sponsors....i only quoted your post cause it summed it all up, IMO. please don't take my post the wrong way, it was nothing against you at all....if i wrote it in such a way that it seems it is against you, i apologize.

Mike Maas....i am nothing more than a fair honest person (at least i try to be:))

No sweat Vman, I didn`t mean to chastise you if that is how it feels.

Forum communication is often problemmatic with it`s intrinsic loss of body language and tonal inflection. Bearing this and my proclivity toward wordiness in mind, I often dwell too long on attempting to communicate all details of my thoughts so as to completely eradicate all chances of miscommunication. This often leads to misunderstanding. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Russ

OK guys since Simon appears to not be at this site could one of you please take a look at my questions #54 & 55
And give me a bit of help

Thanks, Bill

jokers....i agree, alot of bad blood is often spilled cause of mis-communication on forum sites, i hope we both agree that none was spilled here and that we both understand each other's intentions.
i, among others would like to Simon back, with keeping in mind the respect of those who keep this site available to all.
lest see it all back to the way it was.
have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back