whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electric over hydro ........ Let's put it this way , you can't be anywhere near heavy service there not insulated and the speed is similar to a snorkel lift no nearly as quick as a bucket but they collapse and can pass through a 36" gate and very little ground pressure

It appears they make all these types of lifts so you need to use both hands to operate the controls.

Soon as I can I am dumping all this unused crap I have and buying a tuepin brand new ..... Done with that used trash that's for sale
Guy I bought my bucket from went that route and loves his 75 footer. I'll probably never get there but it's nice to dream.

When I got back to the shop this afternoon my new bucket had been delivered. I guess we be putting it on tomorrow :)
nyrejary.jpg

Yo, so I got word yesterday about the crack in my boom. With out a doubt, the BIG dealer, that has adds in all the books, claiming to have "inspected,certified, work ready" trucks in Rockford, Ill sold me the truck that way. They inserted what could be described as that window caulk that u buy in little rolls for your house into the crack and painted over it really thick. Not positive what the filler was, but filler nun the less. Pretty freaking pathetic that they do this, knowing that some one could go up and it fail. This is not a guess or a maybe they did. It happened. Unfortunately, I can do nothing to them as it has been over a year. Checked with the attorney and she said that I bought it "as is" and that alone exempts them, even tho they hid a major flaw, when buying "as is" it is on the buyer to inspect. The fact that they do this sort of **** had motivated me to make everyone aware of how they do things. I don't want to read in the back of the TCIA mag about a tree brother dying from a boom failure because they bought a truck with a purposely hidden major flaw. Friday, the truck is going in and the boom is coming off. They are tearing it down and inspecting everything,don't want to find anymore filled cracks after it is fixed. All will be documented. Then rebuilding it. Not sure the cost at this point, as we expect to find more. I am tho, very lucky. I have been running that thing hard and had not a clue that this major crack was barley holding on. I will have the weirdest looking chipper truck very soon.

That's messed up. This goes way beyond white washing. I can't believe someone took the time to fill a structural crack with caulk when it could kill someone. You should pin the dude who sold this to you down, shove that stuff down his throat and yell "How does this caulk taste!".

When I got back to the shop this afternoon my new bucket had been delivered. I guess we be putting it on tomorrow :)
nyrejary.jpg

Looks expensive. You could have built one out of milk crates, 2x4's and drywall screws for next to nothing. But really if yer delivery guy is anything like mine I would check that thing for damage.

It just seems a safer more efficient way to go . And yes someday you will get there , prolly before me actually LOL

I dunno. I have seen a lot of these little lifts in action: The outriggers seem to float from the leverage of the boom. I dunno.

That's messed up. This goes way beyond white washing. I can't believe someone took the time to fill a structural crack with caulk when it could kill someone. You should pin the dude who sold this to you down, shove that stuff down his throat and yell "How does this caulk taste!".

Yeah!

Was the truck sold with a current certification? If so then it seems the seller could be blamed.

Well got thrown off my land clearing job that's 2 hrs away today. They were supposed to have everything worked out with the neighbor regarding a right away through his property. Well guess they thought wrong. he called the cops and they asked me to leave

Nothing for me it was on the truck when I got it. But since you referenced it as far as I'm concerned nothing has ever came off of, or out from under my truck as I have been traveling down the road. :)

They must be just stating the obvious, obviously for the people who do not understand what obvious means.

The sticker is kinda intriguing though, I have never seen one.

Went to load this huge red tipped maple log got it cut then decided I didn't want it nor to haul it across town for 50 bucks a load ( 3 loads) so I got a couple Craiglisters to come by with their wagons one had an old army trailer yeah we put 2 ton on it he didn't have the brakes hooked up drove back for another must have been 2.5 hours round trip then another came by with a F150 and we put 6 rounds in that and it was hurting with half the bed still empty he gave me three dollars so now its all gone and I didn't have to drive anywhere except for lunch back home where I cut my grass waiting for the army trailer to make its way back.

Other than that I have just been stacking all the paperwork on the desk though I finally finished last years taxes and actually late for last quarter's local.

Went to load this huge red tipped maple log got it cut then decided I didn't want it nor to haul it across town for 50 bucks a load ( 3 loads) so I got a couple Craiglisters to come by with their wagons one had an old army trailer yeah we put 2 ton on it he didn't have the brakes hooked up drove back for another must have been 2.5 hours round trip then another came by with a F150 and we put 6 rounds in that and it was hurting with half the bed still empty he gave me three dollars so now its all gone and I didn't have to drive anywhere except for lunch back home where I cut my grass waiting for the army trailer to make its way back.

Other than that I have just been stacking all the paperwork on the desk though I finally finished last years taxes and actually late for last quarter's local.

I am thinking about becoming a procrastinator,
Jeff :)

Latest posts

Back