whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
esuguman.jpg

Picked up a new to me one ton today for winter work and towing, banging around town. Thing has been entirely redone. Everything except for the 7.3 motor which has 90k on it.

u7yjame7.jpg

Laid her down a bit today on a reach over a house.

3a8edave.jpg

New to me 06 cat 252B 1700hrs. Bought a trailer of the kid a month ago. Guess he's sick of it all......

Yo, so I got word yesterday about the crack in my boom. With out a doubt, the BIG dealer, that has adds in all the books, claiming to have "inspected,certified, work ready" trucks in Rockford, Ill sold me the truck that way. They inserted what could be described as that window caulk that u buy in little rolls for your house into the crack and painted over it really thick. Not positive what the filler was, but filler nun the less. Pretty freaking pathetic that they do this, knowing that some one could go up and it fail. This is not a guess or a maybe they did. It happened. Unfortunately, I can do nothing to them as it has been over a year. Checked with the attorney and she said that I bought it "as is" and that alone exempts them, even tho they hid a major flaw, when buying "as is" it is on the buyer to inspect. The fact that they do this sort of **** had motivated me to make everyone aware of how they do things. I don't want to read in the back of the TCIA mag about a tree brother dying from a boom failure because they bought a truck with a purposely hidden major flaw. Friday, the truck is going in and the boom is coming off. They are tearing it down and inspecting everything,don't want to find anymore filled cracks after it is fixed. All will be documented. Then rebuilding it. Not sure the cost at this point, as we expect to find more. I am tho, very lucky. I have been running that thing hard and had not a clue that this major crack was barley holding on. I will have the weirdest looking chipper truck very soon.

Yo, so I got word yesterday about the crack in my boom. With out a doubt, the BIG dealer, that has adds in all the books, claiming to have "inspected,certified, work ready" trucks in Rockford, Ill sold me the truck that way. They inserted what could be described as that window caulk that u buy in little rolls for your house into the crack and painted over it really thick. Not positive what the filler was, but filler nun the less. Pretty freaking pathetic that they do this, knowing that some one could go up and it fail. This is not a guess or a maybe they did. It happened. Unfortunately, I can do nothing to them as it has been over a year. Checked with the attorney and she said that I bought it "as is" and that alone exempts them, even tho they hid a major flaw, when buying "as is" it is on the buyer to inspect. The fact that they do this sort of **** had motivated me to make everyone aware of how they do things. I don't want to read in the back of the TCIA mag about a tree brother dying from a boom failure because they bought a truck with a purposely hidden major flaw. Friday, the truck is going in and the boom is coming off. They are tearing it down and inspecting everything,don't want to find anymore filled cracks after it is fixed. All will be documented. Then rebuilding it. Not sure the cost at this point, as we expect to find more. I am tho, very lucky. I have been running that thing hard and had not a clue that this major crack was barley holding on. I will have the weirdest looking chipper truck very soon.
Jeziz Cristo. Da faq? I don't trust dealers, never have. Bunch a fukin crooks. That tri state homo is one of the worst.

Don't know how you guys can go to one of those dealers for a truck... much less find someone to fix a freaking mini loader!

I guess I am taking my little yard wrecker ( MT-55) back to have that timing cover re-re-sealed on Wed so I have been busy wrecking as many yards with it as I can and hope to wreck at least one more before it goes back in... for a month, watch this!

I remember the bolts that hold the Dingo motor down came loose, just 4 little bolts but really can't get at them. Shop said 5 hours labor or some **** because they had to pull the motor to tightened the mounting bolts but I was able to get at them.

I dunno, I dunno anything. When was my last gripe session and what was it about? I dunno. Used to know, but not anymore.

I had a client call me to trim his hedges, I had done it a few times over the years and he is like, " Were you the guy I had doing it?"

Then, the evening before I was supposed to do it he calls saying he wants me to bring proof of ins so I just skipped his ass, didn't show up, didn't call, nothing, screw him.

Soon as I can I am dumping all this unused crap I have and buying a tuepin brand new ..... Done with that used trash that's for sale

Electric over hydro ........ Let's put it this way , you can't be anywhere near heavy service there not insulated and the speed is similar to a snorkel lift no nearly as quick as a bucket but they collapse and can pass through a 36" gate and very little ground pressure

Back