whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut a false crotch? Cut A False Crotch!? CUT A FALSE CROTCH !!!!! ????? :bang:

:msp_biggrin:

LOL BENDAN!!!! @Treemergancy, Now thats my kinda tree! When was the last time you owners out there walked off the job? Got to do it today, totaly justified. Guy was such a cheap ass off the boat Greek, started demanding we drop the price cuz of this and that. He was a pita at the estimate, had a feeling he was gonna be trouble. The look on his face when we walked was price less. We must of been the lowest bidder cuz he was all but on his hands and knees begging us to stay when he figured out we were leaving. Looked at him and said, 'I got 3 grand waiting for me today, if I stay here I have 2. F U!!!' and left. Greeks are worse than Jews.

Climbed a red oak for a friend today while he ran the bucket and grounded with his guys. Tree was bid for 1 1/2 days with 4 guys and a bucket truck... had it brushed out by lunch with only a couple blocks of wood and the spar to pull over. I was out of there by around 2:30, they had maybe another 20 min after I left. Met with a client in the afternoon who wanted me to look at some work. 3 oak trees to just put on the ground. I said F it, you go the money? Can I do it now? Sure. Banged it out in under 2 hrs with BS'ing, walked out money in hand. Looked at another job tonight, guy called up "I have a weekend house..." Found the mailbox, but that was about it. House is a DUMP. Neighbors coming over "there are animals living in that house." said F this, tarp on the roof for several years... took off hoping not to have to deal with it.

Pool Tree Two ~ Time Lapse Video ...

Here we have for all you wonderful, kind and helpful people here a time lapse video of my day's work today. Nothing I'm sure all of you have done dozens, if not hundreds of times, and much better than my poor efforts. Still, although quite a hack by your high standards, the tree went down without damage or injury, except perhaps the millions of Carpenter Ants that infested it. The Little Tractor that Could performed well pulling when needed and hauling brush the 100 yards or so to the chipper.

[video=youtube;MmM98L_hQm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmM98L_hQm0[/video]

Last edited:
Here we have for all you wonderful, kind and helpful people here a time lapse video of my day's work today. Nothing I'm sure all of you have done dozens, if not hundreds of times, and much better than my poor efforts. Still, although quite a hack by your high standards, the tree went down without damage or injury, except perhaps the millions of Carpenter Ants that infested it. The Little Tractor that Could performed well pulling when needed and hauling brush the 100 yards or so to the chipper.

NIce vid and descent work. It does remind me though of how many climbers approach a removal with no plan. You started out taking little pieces and then moved on to dropping larger pieces all with the same lz. When I climb a removal, I look over the tree before I even put on my climbing gear. Once in the tree I maintain that largest cuts possible the entire way through the removal. A lot of your vids seem to showcase random cuts throughout the remvoval. Less cuts save time and will add years to your saws etc......
Another piece of advice, insist that all your gm's wear hard hats. If not for a hard hat I would have watched a g.m die not less then ten feet in front of me a few months back. Keep those vids coming aa, interesting to see how people are getting it done out there.

Last edited:
LOL BENDAN!!!! @Treemergancy, Now thats my kinda tree! When was the last time you owners out there walked off the job? Got to do it today, totaly justified. Guy was such a cheap ass off the boat Greek, started demanding we drop the price cuz of this and that. He was a pita at the estimate, had a feeling he was gonna be trouble. The look on his face when we walked was price less. We must of been the lowest bidder cuz he was all but on his hands and knees begging us to stay when he figured out we were leaving. Looked at him and said, 'I got 3 grand waiting for me today, if I stay here I have 2. F U!!!' and left. Greeks are worse than Jews.

I know them Greeks are some ####ed up people and us Jews ain't no better. We really will Jew you down. That's why they call us Jews. What is really bad are the Grews and the griggers not to mention all these pasty chubby white mother####ers in my way.

NIce vid and descent work. It does remind me though of how many climbers approach a removal with no plan. You started out taking little pieces and then moved on to dropping larger pieces all with the same lz. When I climb a removal, I look over the tree before I even put on my climbing gear. Once in the tree I maintain that largest cuts possible the entire way through the removal. A lot of your vids seem to showcase random cuts throughout the remvoval. Less cuts save time and will add years to your saws etc......
Another piece of advice, insist that all your gm's wear hard hats. If not for a hard hat I would have watched a g.m die not less then ten feet in front of me a few months back. Keep those vids coming aa, interesting to see how people are getting it done out there.

You just keep taking notes, and maybe one day when you 63 or so, you can own the big iron like AA...... just imagine the S-10 and load handler toting that roided up lawn bad dog around town!! :laugh:

Jack offs ...

NIce vid and descent work... many climbers approach a removal with no plan. You started out taking little pieces and then moved on to dropping larger pieces all with the same lz. When I climb a removal, I look over the tree before I even put on my climbing gear...

Thank you for the thoughtful critique of my work Mr. Wood. I couldn't agree more. The first climber was my Nephew, John Boy. He started the tree on the easy side. I think the small stuff was getting it out of the way for the bigger drops to come. That's what I do as well, clearing the suckers out to see the work and gain access to the real meat. I looked that tree over for three days to develop a plan for it's removal before I ever climbed it. I bought that low profile floor jack specifically for that tree. I've used bottle jacks like that before but thought the floor jack would give me more leverage on it. That, and a 3 ton rope wench did the trick, but I should have set a pulley as was suggested earlier.

Oh yes, and a "Fug Yu" to all who ridicule my lawn tractor. The Steiner has been a great investment for me so far and I'll use it on 90% of my jobs. The assist to get it out was not staged, it really happened, and the Bobcat started wearing big ruts in the soft wet turf, even though we tried to straight line it as much as we could. Thanks to Rope for the plywood sheets idea, it's a great solution to a skid steer's main problem for the kind of work I do. I'll take the heat from the @ssholes here (and there are many) for the few gems of practical wisdom that the real tree men have to offer. Thanks for the tips. I'm here to learn from people like you, who actually do the work, not the @sshats who get drunk and vent their frustrations on people, who unlike them, actually climb trees and get work done.

Thousands if not millions of times accept for the mower, we had to do it by hand and back then would of appreciated a golf cart even. I ask aa did you grind that stump? If so a vid of it grinding a big stump would be interesting. Also wtf with the jack lol Ive never used a floor jack but I have a 20 ton winch and pulleys so I know which way the spar is going. I use the skid pulling many trees over. The big limb that hit the fence is that fence coming out? Anyway you got r done :)

I'm 64 now, give me credit for that, every year counts at my age...

You just keep taking notes, and maybe one day when you 63 or so, you can own the big iron like AA...... just imagine the S-10 and load handler toting that roided up lawn bad dog around town!! :laugh:

I bought the S-10 for John Boy so he could get to work now that he's out of jail, it's his truck, and no way would I hitch my aluminum tandem axle flatbed trailer to it with my tractor on it unless it was to position it on site. I just bought a Chevy Colorado to pull the tractor around with. I gave it to my wife (seen in the video) as a birthday present. She wanted a yellow VW bug, but we all have to make sacrifices for the business I am building from scratch here. I wish I would have started it at forty instead of sixty.

Thousands if not millions of times accept for the mower, we had to do it by hand and back then would of appreciated a golf cart even. I ask aa did you grind that stump? If so a vid of it grinding a big stump would be interesting. Also wtf with the jack lol Ive never used a floor jack but I have a 20 ton winch and pulleys so I know which way the spar is going. I use the skid pulling many trees over. The big limb that hit the fence is that fence coming out? Anyway you got r done :)

Oh hell you wanna laugh here lol its my other forwarder and at times is still used :)

003-1.jpg

Btw the boy had hard hat on the entire job except the last little clean up and I wanted it on then:)

Last edited:
Here is my previous forwarder ...

Oh hell you wanna laugh here lol its my other forwarder and at times is still used :)
... Btw the boy had hard hat on the entire job except the last little clean up and I wanted it on then:)

I can't even get JohnBoy to wear the DOT, OSHA, FBI, NAACP, ect... approved and certified shirt I just bought him that day. But I doinsist on a helmet (I bought it for him) when near the machines or under the tree I'm dropping from.

Here we're having a Confrontation / Conference / Pep Talk on the turf, something I'd like to have with a few of the posters here.

5880672491_cc988cb3b5_z.jpg
5880672767_655d8e7834_z.jpg

OH yeah, check out the indentations in the turf the 'cat was already making. It got worst until I sent it to the curb.

Last edited:
Another day in the job search...was looking out the window of the main floor of the downtown library when facebook friend Paul and his to be companion dog rolled by, so went out to say hi and ended up having lunch with them in Churchill Square....the only reason Paul got Achilles is he is a chick magnet me thinks.....

After lunch went back to the same spot to continue internet work, and someone got stabbed about three feet from where I was sitting just through the plate glass window....talk about a ring side seat. Cops, fire dept, EMT and Channel 5 CBC News all decended on the square and the punk was cuffed and taken away. The guy who was stabbed could not have been in that rough shape as he was yelling at the punk as he was rolled onto the amb. Street people.

Just got back from laying down a whopper 100' pine around 34" dbh right before the storm lol. Im wet:cry:

I laid it down about ten feet from the chipper lol I hate to drag brush far!

Thank you for the thoughtful critique of my work Mr. Wood. I couldn't agree more. The first climber was my Nephew, John Boy. He started the tree on the easy side. I think the small stuff was getting it out of the way for the bigger drops to come. That's what I do as well, clearing the suckers out to see the work and gain access to the real meat. I looked that tree over for three days to develop a plan for it's removal before I ever climbed it. I bought that low profile floor jack specifically for that tree. I've used bottle jacks like that before but thought the floor jack would give me more leverage on it. That, and a 3 ton rope wench did the trick, but I should have set a pulley as was suggested earlier.

Oh yes, and a "Fug Yu" to all who ridicule my lawn tractor. The Steiner has been a great investment for me so far and I'll use it on 90% of my jobs. The assist to get it out was not staged, it really happened, and the Bobcat started wearing big ruts in the soft wet turf, even though we tried to straight line it as much as we could. Thanks to Rope for the plywood sheets idea, it's a great solution to a skid steer's main problem for the kind of work I do. I'll take the heat from the @ssholes here (and there are many) for the few gems of practical wisdom that the real tree men have to offer. Thanks for the tips. I'm here to learn from people like you, who actually do the work, not the @sshats who get drunk and vent their frustrations on people, who unlike them, actually climb trees and get work done.

Ah yes AA, everyone's wrong about the granny mobile but you, in your honor and devoted distain for the round table critiques I shall dub it the "The Fuggy Truggy that could....mow the lawn," we'll call it "Fug Tru" for short, it's simply not a great investment for tree work, but you're stuck with it now, so you have to fake and fight for it. What a pity. The skidder incident is either a complete hoax or you're a complete tard, which is it? Did it "really" happen, or did you "really" want it to happen...on video? All the same, I guess it "really" doesn't matter, does it? The answer remains the same. And what was with the draggin of the baby wood all about, you've failed to explain that phenomenon to us. That's flat out treetarded if I've ever seen it.

You looked a tree over for three days to develop a plan for removal? Seriously?? At this rate, I'm trying to understand where you get the time and energy to plague this site with the constant bombardment of lame videos you produce of you, Fug Tru, and the band, if you're so busy. My honest advice is that you get in touch with a man from tulsa, ok. named Paul Nosack, he'll show you the real way to develop an outlet for the constant flow of nefarious tree removal videos. Perhaps you two could even team up. Either way, give us a break.

Just got back from laying down a whopper 100' pine around 34" dbh right before the storm lol. Im wet:cry:

I laid it down about ten feet from the chipper lol I hate to drag brush far!

I got a 110 foot bean pole 13" dbh to fall in a tight spot on that job tomorrow I could climb it but there is a nice Japanese maple right below it and really dropping it will be better anyway less time and labor:cheers: It is in between two homes though :jawdrop:

Wah wah wah wah, the older ya get the smaller you cut stuff. I remember some crazy cuts I did in the past 20" diameter tops etc. I had an extreme moment about ten years ago from a shock load that my spurs went above my head and I racked myself on the spar. Ive been cutting smaller every since, you dont heal as fast at 48! I can't be on the ground and in the tree is the problem, getting groundies that have a clue is pointless as they don't, unless they have climbed a good many years.

Last edited:
I here ya on that Rope. March 2010 I limb hitched a big ol chunk of Red Oak on a huge log and it blasted me up on top of it. Scary. In theory, it could have flipped me over the log completely, causing a long and deadly fall. I have that tree on vid, but not that cut. We rarely get action moment vids, cuz were to busy kicking ass. Big ? for you guys. Ive been having major issuses with my arm and shoulder lately. Anyone ever had a torn rotor cuff? Im too poor to go to the doctor and I dont have insurance. Sometimes it hurts so bad I cant lift my arm up, and the pain moves from the socket to about 5 inches down my arm. Any ideas?

I here ya on that Rope. March 2010 I limb hitched a big ol chunk of Red Oak on a huge log and it blasted me up on top of it. Scary. In theory, it could have flipped me over the log completely, causing a long and deadly fall. I have that tree on vid, but not that cut. We rarely get action moment vids, cuz were to busy kicking ass. Big ? for you guys. Ive been having major issuses with my arm and shoulder lately. Anyone ever had a torn rotor cuff? Im too poor to go to the doctor and I dont have insurance. Sometimes it hurts so bad I cant lift my arm up, and the pain moves from the socket to about 5 inches down my arm. Any ideas?

In 95 I smashed my left shoulder broke both collar bones,dislocated and hyextended right shoulder,broke a rib and punctured a lung,hairline fracture in vertebrae and was shocked back into this world! I live in pain, I will resist the knife as long as possible one because I can't afford the surgery and two because once they start cutting on you it never seems to end!

Ive been having major issuses with my arm and shoulder lately. Anyone ever had a torn rotor cuff? Im too poor to go to the doctor and I dont have insurance. Sometimes it hurts so bad I cant lift my arm up, and the pain moves from the socket to about 5 inches down my arm. Any ideas?

Sounds like what I experienced a couple of years ago swinging the hydra saw all day. I slowed down a bit, stopped reaching so much for a while, and started taking a regimen of anti-inflammation supplements. Didn't take long to heal up on the go. And thankfully I did, doesn't matter how much money I have, they aren't cutting on me. Rope's right, it never ends, and that is by design imho.

My idea is to go see a good chiro with a sports or performance background or focus, especially if they lean towards natural medicine. You can afford that. In the line of equipment, you are the ultimate machine and you need maintenance same as anything else. Good maintenance with inputs we are actually wired for. Time heals and it sounds like you need a break before you break. I run a decent diet, and some natural anti-inflammatory supplements including turmeric, sometimes labeled as curcumin. I take the Jarrow brand curcumin 95. I also take New Chapter's zyflamend. It helps with inflammation, joint function, and normal cell growth. Works for me.

you really need to go see a doctor ... they can do a steroid injection deep into trouble area to help with healing without surgery. but if you've got internal tears ... sorry, surgery is the only thing that will fix it.

anti inflammatory like aspirin and ibuprofen is what your aching muscles need to recover.
also if your muscles are knotted up beyond a certain point, it takes muscle relaxant like Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) be completely down when taking first time. as it effects each person differently. don't be doing anything dangerous, until you figure what dosage does what.

here's an effective way to deliver anti-inflammatory locally. find a topical cream containing aspirin (Aspercream) then find a tube of Hydrocortisone 1% cream. both are available over the counter.

apply both creams same time to affected areas. don't expect miracles, but hopefully you will be surprised at how this aids in healing. hopefully your joints/muscles gets to feeling better.

note hydrocortisone 1% cream is a form of steroid, so it can be overdone. combined with aspercream it also does an excellent job for arthritic joints.

disclaimer: use the above information at your own risk .. not responsible for anything
best to go see a doctor first ...

Back