whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even bother to watch this video in the first place, but now I'm completely convinced this was a total waste of my time. I'm calling bs. Get out the boots. This is either total ignorance, or totally staged, or perhaps a wondrous synergetic bit of both. If there isn't anyone on the crew that can run it any better than that, perhaps you should take it back and stick to mowers and men. Furthermore, I'm even more so convinced now that the steiner garden rover has no business pulling anything over with any kind of safety, and it especially won't pull the wool over our eyes.

Now I can understand why you would get so geeked about this, you’ve been fighting buyer’s remorse like a midlife crisis and wearing the super Steiner patch ever since you committed to this machine. Seriously?? Give it up, you are just digging a deeper hole with all this hogwash.

5875628334_46eb2e1a3c_z.jpg

What the what?? This pic right here is worth a thousand words. Stop the madness, just..please..stop. At first it was just funny, but now this whole circus is nothing more than an atrocity of ineptitude. I’m going to dub this photo: "of mowers and men" for you. It's really not like me to hack on a guy trying just to make his way through the industry, but this is embarrassing.

When you post crap de la crap like this in a pro section you're just begging for it. It's nothing personal, if you were showcasing the unit with the granny bucket to forward wood over turf, fine, funny, but fine. However, I'm not sure who you are trying to convince more with these shenanigans, us or you and your crew, but I can tell you for sure who isn’t buying it.
Lol My skid has been on worse than that slope with no rops and bald tires. AA I have to agree here, fess up this pull out was not necessary and who put it there what were they doing in that spot? You mentioned the skid tearing up turf but dragging logs don't? I will say, it seems you did a good job getting it down but I would have that whole tree cleaned up in two hours with my skid and its 30 plus years old. I will say the whole thing is entertaining though:)

Last edited:
Lol My skid has been on worse than that slope with no rops and bald tires. AA I have to agree here, fess up this pull out was not necessary and who put it there what were they doing in that spot? You mentioned the skid tearing up turf but dragging logs don't? I will say, it seems you did a good job getting it down but I would have that whole tree cleaned up in two hours with my skid and its 30 plus years old. I will say the whole thing is entertaining though:)

Drag a log across the lawn while the loader is right there? Drag A Log Across The Lawn While The Loader Is Right There!!??? DRAG A LOG ACROSS THE LAWN WHILE THE LOADER IS RIGHT THERE!!!! ???:bang::bang::bang:

Really I thought you was just woods mowing and pullin little trees with that.

dosn't the mower have a bucket on it? soooo why are you dragging the "big wood" across the customers lawn? did the big wood prove to be to big even though thats a small azz piece? maybe you just need to hire some young groundies to do the hard work... and I think I could drag that piece to the skid with the lawn tractor I bought of craigslist for $350 just sayin

I guess the tractor did what you said it would didn't tear up the lawn one bit but the 400 pound piece of wood behind the tractor I think thats a different story:laugh:

DId my job in 7 hours today... Actually I was done at 12:30 but everyone took lunch, dumped a load and the rest of the afternoon was watching the skid steer sling 10 and 12 foot logs around. No lawn mower work there... We cleaned a good half acre lot out with a New Holland C150 in a matter of a couple of hours. 2 3' DBH Red Oaks and 1 26-28" DBH Oak that were blown over and sprawled all over the lot. Took two loads of the biggest logs out. That skid steer made short work of it... I walked away with 2 G's for about 3 and a half hours work on my part... I'll take that all day long.

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

Red oak today, surrounded by wires choked actually no dz plus we had the bucket in the yard. Slow day had 5 guys for a 3 guy tree, played with my phone and took some pics figured i post a cpl. Killed a sassafras too but their not worthy of pictures.....stinky SOBS.

You mentioned the skid tearing up turf

Well, I take my skid on lawns all the time; and have yet to tear up turf with it. Granted you have to be gentle when hard cornering; straight going can be full speed. But can not turn in own length .. you know that and drive accordingly. Little practice and you can go across turf with no issue and not leave hardly any indication you have been there - unless it is soft and sinks a bit.

Top pic guy with hands in pockets, bottom pic guy with hands on side wtf man:)

it was a real slow day man i was falling asleep. Boss man in VA picking up a new truck and we all got sent out on one job. LOTS of wires and a row of hedges to deal with lots of ropeing smallish stuff. All bucket work so it was easy day.

Edit: i dont see hands in pockets though i think he hiping again in the top pick. lol

Well, I take my skid on lawns all the time; and have yet to tear up turf with it. Granted you have to be gentle when hard cornering; straight going can be full speed. But can not turn in own length .. you know that and drive accordingly. Little practice and you can go across turf with no issue and not leave hardly any indication you have been there - unless it is soft and sinks a bit.

Yup and lay down plywood to turn on if necessary. My old skid don't weigh half of what the big skids do but still lifts 1k to full height its too small for huge clearing projects but I have access to a good case skid!

it was a real slow day man i was falling asleep. Boss man in VA picking up a new truck and we all got sent out on one job. LOTS of wires and a row of hedges to deal with lots of ropeing smallish stuff. All bucket work so it was easy day.

Edit: i dont see hands in pockets though i think he hiping again in the top pick. lol

Tell him rope said to get busy lol:cheers:

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

Red oak today, surrounded by wires choked actually no dz plus we had the bucket in the yard. Slow day had 5 guys for a 3 guy tree, played with my phone and took some pics figured i post a cpl. Killed a sassafras too but their not worthy of pictures.....stinky SOBS.

And tell orange hat its on backards:poke: Is that a squirrel on his back?:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
DId my job in 7 hours today... Actually I was done at 12:30 but everyone took lunch, dumped a load and the rest of the afternoon was watching the skid steer sling 10 and 12 foot logs around. No lawn mower work there... We cleaned a good half acre lot out with a New Holland C150 in a matter of a couple of hours. 2 3' DBH Red Oaks and 1 26-28" DBH Oak that were blown over and sprawled all over the lot. Took two loads of the biggest logs out. That skid steer made short work of it... I walked away with 2 G's for about 3 and a half hours work on my part... I'll take that all day long.

Way to go MD, When I grow up, I wanna be like you!
Jeff

Oh yea, Dropping another one tomorrow for a repeat customer. Great guy, he referred me to his son in law last weekend. Pretty good pine, around 28". Right between two houses and within two inches of his little side deck. I can drop it towards the street where he wants me to put the debris. I can do it in a half day... I'll make more on that one than I used to make working for the man all week... Even with giving him the preferred client price.

Back