Which used STIHL to get??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the concensus I am getting so far is to drop the 441 and the 390 from the list.
So looking at.
036 pro, 361, 044, 440
all good saws, just what I can find for deals and the shape of the saw..

Add the 360, it is not natural that it isn't on the list.

Pro 036 VS. MS361

I am looking for the same class of saw as discussed on this thread.

Eight years ago sold my 076 for the 066Mag and really enjoy that saw. But as I am getting older a lighter saw would be nice to step down to once the larger wood is cut with the 066. I am looking for a good used saw to add.

If price and condition are both equal, which saw should be bought?

What is the difference?

And can you still adjust the carb on the MS361?

By the way, this site is addictive and so are chainsaws now. Best search Google has ever done for me! And thanks to all the quality people on here, no matter what saws you use. I have learned alot already.

Thanks! John.

I would not drop the 441 from your list, you may love the way it runs, sips fuel, and burns clean. I'm really like the 044s, the only one better is the 440 with those lovely flippy caps.:clap:

Look at the 044 and 441, those have plenty of grunt for bigger jobs and are light enough for some smaller ones.:chainsaw:

Ms441

Thanks for the suggestion for the MS441. I have not handled one yet. Being that they use less fuel, as Echo is a very economical saw, low fuel consumption, HOWEVER they run lean until you crank them up a bit.

Is the 441 like this? Do they run lean? And can you turn up the fuel like my 066? Thanks.

The 441 is a different animal compared to the low powered echos. If you buy the 441 from a good dealer, he should set the carb for ya. It does have a fully adjustable carb like your 066. You will be seeing all the new Stihls made like the 441, strato charged, and they are here to stay. If you want a saw to mod, check out a 440 or 460. Others have modded the 441 but if it were mine, it would stay stock.

Zenoah/Redmax was the first company to build a strat I believe here is a description:http://www.zenoah.net/tech/intro.html
Lake also had a good write up but I don't feel like searching now.:dizzy:

I agree. The 460 is my go-to saw. The 440 is a little lighter, but it amazes me how much better it wears it's weight. It's a great handling saw! Tough call when picking between the two. If you won't need more than a 25" bar, I'd lean towards the 440. If you'll ever need longer, I'd go 460. I haven't ran a 441 yet. Almost got one, but when I picked it up at the dealer, it just didn't feel right, so I passed. I'd still like to try one some day, though.

Latest posts

Back